Chapter 5~ Never Going To Get OUt

Chapter 5

~Past~

I woke up without moving, I was on the floor completely in the nude otherwise the towel that lay on top of both of us. His hand was on my neck in a tight controlling grip, but still loose enough that I could breathe.

I laid there unmoving, not wanting to wake him. My sides hurt and when he turned pulling the cover off my bare body I saw the bloody finger nail marks running down my side. The blood was dried now, but they were still sore.

I finally started dosing off again when his alarm went off waking him up. It woke me up but I ignored it pretending to be sound asleep so he wouldn't bother me.

He quickly got up turned off the alarm and picked up his phone. I could hear the buttons being pressed, and the other line ringing, finally after about three rings someone picked up.

"hey john, (john was his boss) I was just calling to say that I won't be into work for a couple of days, my girl friend, gabby, is extremely sick, and she is staying here so I'm going to stay home and take care of her."

"No problem Jeremy, could you just do the one report from home and email it to me by Thursday?"

"Of course John and I'll try to get back to work as soon as possible, she is just so sick and she needs me."

"I understand, if it was Helen (his wife) then I'd be doing the same thing, just tell her I hope she feels better soon."

"Alright, good bye John."

"Bye, hope everything works out fine." And then the line went dead. I could hear his footsteps over towards where I was laying, and his arms wrapped under me, picking me up, then he gently laid me on the bed and covered me up with a sheet. He curled up next to me on his side and stroked my hair.

I laid there pretending to sleep until all of the sudden he started running his hand up and down the side of my body, irritating then scratch marks; I couldn't help but to move around to stop the excruciating pain.

"Hello beautiful, I figured you were faking, I've never seen you sleep for this long straight."

"I'm sorry I was just exhausted and didn't want to wake up," I said while I sat up and pulled the sheet up higher to cover me up.

"Don't lie to me, I understand, sleep is your only break from fear, but baby there is nothing to fear, I love you."

"If you really truly love me then let me be and let me go, or get me a doctor for god sakes."

"I'm sorry I can't do that, we are too deep into this to do that, but if you want I can let you get a bath or something." Before I could answer he picked me up with the sheet wrapped around me, laid me on the bathroom floor, turned the tub on, and left. I let the water run as a sat there, then when the tub became full I turned the water off and used my arms and good leg to get into the tub without hurting myself any worse than he already had.

By the time I was done the water around me was blood red and so I let the water drain out and started another bath just to relax in this time. I could smell bacon frying and hear the toaster popping up fresh toast.

~Present~

I lay in my bed with his thick heavy arm around me. He was out, completely passed out from his beer, so I stood up and threw on underwear, a sports bra, and a pair of jeans. I whet to grab a shirt but he started moving around in the bed before I had a chance to put it on. I ran out my door, ran right by the elevator because of my own stupid fear and then ran down the steps. I was on the 11th floor so there were a lot of steps to run to get out of the building, and when I reached the bottom and saw the door I sprinted to get faster, but then he walked around the corner in front between me and the outside world.

I turned around and ran up the steps, but he grabbed my ankle and I fell hitting my head on the step, and everything went completely black.