Prologue

Prologue

June of 2018

"You can't tell anyone." I said, quickly bringing Kitty out of her daze.

"What?" Kitty asked shocked.

"Please Kitty, I need you to keep this secret for me." I said, pleading.

"Why on bloody earth would you want me to do that? Don't you want to get help? Support? Your family and friends would most certainly want to be informed of something like this! Are you intending to keep them in the dark?" Kitty questioned.

I lowered my head so that she couldn't read my facial expressions, but when I looked her in the eye, she knew I was not going to budge.

She sighed.

"Very well. The Queen–"

"Not even, The Queen." I said interrupting her.

"Seriously? But–" Kitty was about to say but I interrupted her again.

"Please Kitty, just trust me that I need this to be kept confidential!" I said.

"Alright. I won't tell anyone, Victoria." Kitty said as I shot her a relieved, grateful smile.

"Thank you, I know this will be hard for you but thank you for doing this for me, Kitty." I said.

"How are you going to hide this from everyone?" Kitty asked.

"I'll act like nothing is wrong and handle everything at my private apartment that no one knows about besides you." I answered.

"I don't know about this, Victoria." Kitty said.

"I need to make sure that my family and friends only have good memories of me in my final days, Kitty." I said.