Memories and Reminders

Why hello my fellow Wattpadians! I really like where this story is going. I don't know, maybe you don't and that is perfectly fine, but if you are one of those people out there, then I want you to TELL me what you don't like about it. It would mean a lot (just please don't use foul language) because then I can see what is wrong with my story. I like to see how other people percieve my writing.

Picture of Thalia is off to the side.

Thanks and I will let you continue now. Oh wait, just to let you know, this chapter lets you get to know the girl that the poem in the epilogue was about. It might be kind of boring, but the next chapter will pick up a little. Pinky promise.

Chapter Two: Memories and Reminders

---------------------------------------------------------

“No, I refuse to go in there!” I cry as Hayden tries to drag me into the school. I hate having to switch to a new school, especially midyear. You always have to wonder if people will like you, if you will flunk a class, hate a teacher, and make an enemy. The list goes on. Hayden on the other hand is so confident, and he just charges forward, meeting any challenge head on.

“Come on, Lees, don’t make me drag you,” Hayden says and gives an exasperated sigh. “You’re being overdramatic about this,” he adds as he tugs on my arms. This loosens me, and I let him pull me through the doors, and into the office. The school itself isn’t very impressive, but the students milling around, are intimidating. I look down at my plaid mini dress, and then at the students in normal clothes, and instantly feel overdressed. Wonderful.

The secretary in the office sends us to the principal’s office. My worries rear up again, and soon I am shaking. Hayden pulls me closer, and whispers nonsense in my ear. At the principal’s door he releases me and walks straight in. I scowl at how confident he is. I would have knocked, and then fretted over if that was the right thing to do. I roll my eyes at my brother, when he looks back at me hesitating by the door, and walk into the room with a sigh.

-First Class-

I stumbled into the room alone. Hayden had another class. Everyone looked up at me, and some people in the back snickered at my uncoordinated entrance. I blush and avert my eyes to the window. The teacher, Mr. Epsar beckons me forward. I warily study him. He looked to be somewhat young to be a teacher. Maybe thirty at the most. I finally give in and step forward.

“How about we have you introduce yourself to the class?” he asks, and turns me around to face the rest of the students.

I rub my cheek and begin.

-Mr. Epsar’s Point Of View-

I turn her around, and watch as she rubs her cheek. I frown slightly at the action, as it brings up old memories, of another girl that looked somewhat like the student before me.

“My name is Thalia, and I just moved here.” She says slowly. I hear someone say ‘obviously’. She blushes, but continues on, “Um, I hate the cold, and I plan to one day move to Hawaii.” Her words trouble me deeply, and I usher her to her seat, telling her that was good. I shuffle some papers on my desk and start handing them out.

“Okay, well class, since the winter holidays are coming up soon, we will be doing a persuasive paper. You can do anything, as long as it has something to do with winter. Get started.” I say and head for my desk. Olivia always wanted to go to the Hawaiian Islands. I push that thought down, and start grading papers.

Thalia is the first done, and I smile at her, when she comes up to turn it in. I start reading her paper, and feel as if I am reading someone else’s paper. An old friend’s paper. I look up confused, to see Thalia sitting in the front seat, instead of my dear Olivia. I close my eyes, and try to forget her. No, I tell myself, this is not Olivia, Olivia died fifteen years ago. My mind does not cease to wander though, and I am soon dragged back into the past.