dancing queen | nozel silva x reader

Author's Note:

aNoThEr NoZeL oNeShOt ?!?!? (● ˃̶͈̀˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

Enjoy, my dude.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(L/n) = Last Name

(f/c) = Favorite Color

In this oneshot, Nozel is eighteen and (Y/n) is seventeen.

Occasionally, a royal ball comes rolling around the corner (get it?! bah-ha!). For most, it was a time to show off their expensive gowns and hot dates. But not for you, unfortunately. For you, the ball was just a time to serve even more royals than usual. Oh? What was that? You thought you were royalty? Well wake up, because you're actually a servant for the Silva family. Yeah...sorry. But this year's royal ball is a masquerade ball, which grants you an advantage. You could slip away from the ball and no one would know because no one can see your face. Perfect.

Currently, you're making preparations for the royal ball with many other servants. You lay out a few tablecloths and light some candles.

'Table blankets? Check. Fire hazard? Check,' you mentally check off your list.

Usually, your job is to tend to Nozel Silva. But if there was anything nice about today, it was that you didn't have to stay by his side. You were sorta free, and it felt sorta nice.

You quietly sang a song while you organized the dessert table.

"You are the dancing queen. Young and sweet, only seventeen," you sing beautifully, "Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine."

You do a bit of a twirl, balancing the silver platter of macarons on your head. Don't worry, it didn't fall.

"You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life," you continue to sing.

Slow clapping snaps you out of your diva moment.

"Nicely done. But are you going to stand there and sing like a moron, or are you going to do what I hired you to?"

You turn around to see Nozel standing there with an unamused look on his face.

"I'm doing my f*cking best, you twat," is what you wanted to say.

"Oh, my bad! I must've gotten carried away," you reply sheepishly, taking the macarons off your head.

Nozel sighed and took a second to glance around the ballroom. He didn't want to admit it, but he thought it looked amazing.

"Just get back to work. If you slack off again, you'll regret it, (L/n)."

With that said, he was gone. Sighing, you neatly set down the tempting platter of macarons, looking around to see if anyone was watching. Seeing no one, you sneak away from the ballroom and skulk to your room. Opening the door, your eyes immediately land on the (f/c) dress you purchased last night. You got a (f/c) mask to match it, as well.

'This is my one chance to be a princess. Better make it count.'

~Time skip brought to you by Sekke Bronzazza...bah-ha!~

It's now nighttime, and guests have already begun to crowd the spacious ballroom. You'd be lying your ass off if you said you weren't nervous. You've never attended a ball as a guest. Even though you weren't technically invited, you still felt like a princess. Besides, Cinderella wasn't allowed to attend the ball, but she still managed to catch the prince's attention. You weren't looking for a prince, but how amazing would that be?

Taking a deep breath, you stepped foot inside the ballroom. Not as a servant, not as a commoner, but as (Y/n) (L/n).

You looked magnificent. Working as a maid gave you tons of experience when it came to hair and makeup. Therefore, you're hair and makeup were both on point. You were even the one who taught Nozel how to braid hair. Little did you know; you'd regret that when you're older.

"May I have this dance, Miss?" some random-ass guy asks, holding out his hand.

"Oh! Um, no thank you," panicking a bit, you politely decline.

'Ugh! Get it together, (Y/n)!' you scold yourself.

Nozel entered the ballroom alongside Solid and Nebra. He scanned the room, searching for a certain someone....

'Get it together, Nozel! She's probably just serving guests outside,' Nozel thinks to himself.

You looked like a completely different person tonight, but Nozel could identify you even if you were in a full-body cast. It's actually kinda creepy, come to think of it.

Surprisingly, it didn't take long for him to find you stuffing your face with macarons over by the dessert table. He should've known you'd try to blend in with everyone else. It was typical behavior for you.

"(Y/n)."

You flinched, hoping it wasn't who you thought it was. But sure enough, it was.

"Hi," you mutter timidly.

"Just what do you think you're doing? You should be serving drinks right now," he hisses.

"I just thought that maybe...just maybe, I could blend in for once," your head hung low, refusing to face him.

"Blend in, huh? Well...if you really want to "blend in" then you're gonna need a date, right?"

Hesitantly, you lift your head.

"Uh, y-yeah, I guess..." you look around the ballroom to see couples dancing, laughing, kissing. You felt like a loner.

"In that case, I'll help you out," he says, extending his hand, "Might I have this dance?".

You froze, allowing your brain to process what in the actual hell was happening right now. Then, coming back to your senses, you reach out to take his hand.

Nozel immediately pulls you toward the dance floor with him. And of course, you freeze up again.

"What's wrong? Weren't you dancing earlier? What happened?" he teases.

You roll your eyes and flip your hair.

"Watch how it's done, Silva."

Taking his hand, you begin to dance. You two were perfectly in sync with the music...and one another. The both of you dance for a while until the song comes to an end.

"(Y/n), you do know I'm still going to have to punish you for this, right?" he warns, whispering in your ear.

"If you're going to punish me, could you at least tell me my punishment? It would save me a lot a stress," you reply nervously.

"Why don't I just show you?" he smirks, taking your hand.

Nozel led you away from the ballroom with no intention of returning.

I'll let you guess what happened after that.

End.

Author's Note:

"You are the dancing queen! Young and sweet, only seventeen!"

*bows*

Word Count: 1,020