Chapter 4 This is L?

"You're-?" Luna started.

      Ryuzaki, apparently L, put his finger over his lips. "Shhh. Yes, I am really a detective. Please only call me Ryuzaki when referring to me in public."

     That made sense. Of course he wouldn't want the public to know that they were in the presence of the Century's Greastest Detective. That would cause a feeding frenzy.

     Roman and Luna sat down. He eyed Ryuzaki suspiciously. "You're real? You actually exist? I thought you were just a myth."

     "I assure you, Mr.Roman, I do in fact, exist. Feel free to test me, if you find that nessicary." L said and of course Roman fell silent.

     "Why Ryuzaki though? This is America and you don't appear to be Japanese. So why chose that specific name?" Luna asked.

     "Oh, that? Well observed. You're right, I'm not Japanese, in fact, I'm English. I grew up in Winchester, England. But name Ryuzaki brings back fond memories from a previous crime I solved with the help of a young woman, much like yourself, Luna." L replied.

     Interesting. So the world's greastest detective does have feelings. Luna only wondered why as name such as Ryuzaki was L's alias. Wouldn't that attract attention if someone by that name were deeply involved in a certain case?

     "Now, let's get down to business. As I had asked eariler, I would like to collaborate with the two of you and investigate these... Kidnappings." L mused on the word, kidnappings. It seemed as though he didn't think that was the correct phrase.

     "You want us to work under you?" Roman blurted out in disbelief. He sounded as though he were deeply insulted.

     "No, just the complete opposite, actually. I want to work with you. Do you agree? It seems as though Miss Luna has agreed to my terms." L said coolley.

     "Excuse us." Roman said as he dragged Luna from her chair. "Luna, you can't seriously believe this guy. Look at him. He must be some metal escape paitent or something. By the look of him, I'm surprised he hasn't committed suicide." Roman hissed in her ear when they were out of ear shot of L.

     "Roman I do believe he's L. And if he's not, what harm could it do to let him tag along?" Luna said.

     "He could be the killer." Roman stated simply.

     "Well, if that's the case, then that makes our job a lot easier." Luna said. "Come on, let him join. It'll be fun to have three people. Please?" Luna pleaded, grabbing his hand.

     Roman's eyebrows creased together as he thought about it for a few moments. "Fine. He can join." He said at last.

     "Yay!" Luna exclaimed and plopped a kiss on Roman's cheek.

      L looked at both of them as they sat down. "Well?" He asked, biting his thumbnail.

     "You're in." Roman grumbled unhappily.

     "I promise he's not usually this grumpy." Luna aplogized.

     L let out a small laugh as Roman shot a glare at her. "I can hear you!" He protested.

     "That's the point." Luna crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out at him.

     And that's how thier mini task force started. It formed on loyalty, mixed with distrust and laughter. But could they really hold themselves together? Even though there was distrust, this small task force actually lived up to be one of L's greatest.

     Right about now, the killer, X was hot on Luna's trail. But he had a better victim. Lu a wanted to play? X knew exactly how to destroy her. This will be his first move in a long, strategic game that only X will emerge victorious.