Chapter 29

Peeta's POV

"Sweetheart don't touch anything." I inform Willow as she explores the room and sigh. Too adventurous sometimes.

I grasp onto Katniss' hand as she lies on the doctors bed. We smile at each other and I kiss her hand.

"Same as last time?" I ask and Katniss nods.

"But this time 6 kisses. Since it has been that many years since we discovered I was expecting a wonderful daughter." She adds and I smile wider.
I briefly let go of her hand and retrieve a chair from beside the main desk.

Adriana walks in dragging equipment beside her. Willow looks to Adriana and shrieks. I turn my head just before Willow slams into my side and hugs me.

"What is she going to do to mummy?" Willow questions. I look to Adriana and sadly smile and then look to Katniss. I stroke Katniss' fingers as I answer my daughter.

"Willow, what's going to happen is Adriana is going to place some sticky liquid on mummy's tummy and then she will place a remote thing on mummy's tummy and we will see your brother or sister." I explain and Willow nods. She moves away from my side and climbs up to sit on my lap. I smile and, with one hand, position her.

"Willow. This is a special day. You know why Mummy and Daddy brought you?" Adriana asks Willow and she nods.

"I'm going to see my brother or sister." Willow replies.

"Yes but something even more special." Adriana adds as she sets up the equipment.

"What is also special?" Willow asks, slightly confused but she will be happy when she finds out.

"I'm going to tell you if Mummy has a boy or girl in her tummy." Adriana answers and Willow gasps in delight.

"Really!?" Willow says and Adriana nods. Adriana grabs her chair and brings it to the bed.

"Let's go Mummy." Adriana says to Katniss and I help her roll her shirt up to reveal her growing bump. Adriana squeezes the gel onto her gloved hands and smothers it onto Katniss' bump. Katniss gets goosebumps quickly, like she normally does.

"The baby is getting bigger, isn't it Willow?" I say with a smile and Willow nods. Katniss chuckles beside me.

Adriana sits down in her seat and the wand is placed on her stomach. Her eyes immediately go to the screen and Katniss, Willow and I watch excitedly and eagerly as we wait for Adriana to identify the gender.

Willow gasps. "That's the baby inside mummy's tummy Daddy!" She exclaims, pointing at the screen and I smile.

"Yes pumpkin." I answer and I grip onto Katniss' hand tighter.

"Just wait a minute. I'm having trouble finding out the gender. The baby isn't positioned in an easy way." Adriana explains and Katniss gasps. Adriana and I look at her shocked face.

"No, no Katniss. The baby is fine. The legs are crossed by the looks of it so it's making it difficult." Adriana says and Katniss signs in relief.

"It's okay Kat." I say calmingly and I show her a reassuring smile which she returns.

"Ah ha! Here we go. The baby is....."