Chapter 47 - Insatiable

I set Stiles' arm around my shoulders, wrapping my arm around his back and start walking him out of the living room.

Taking him upstairs so mom can check him over since he materialized out of bandages thrown up from his other body and that doesn't happen all the time

"You're still too short for this" Stiles grumbles as I set my shoulder up into his underarm.

I snort as we start to walk up the stairs "Oh funny guy's got jokes people."

Hearing his breathy chuckle is music to my ears and I smile softly as I look up at him.

He sets his hand on the rail at the top of the stairs and we walk along it until we get to Scott's room.

Stiles looks between Scott and I "How are we supposed to figure out if I'm me?"

"You are you" I state with zero hesitation earning Stiles to huff "We don't know that, Adds"

I tighten my arm around his back with my words "Yes, I do."

Scott nods before flicking his eyes to me when I shrug and offer "Let's call the Oni.

Stiles makes a face of agreement, however Scott scoffs "No way, why would you want to offer him to them?"

I huff and lift my free arm out to my side "I'm not saying 'we're offering' him to them, I know he's him– and the Oni are the only way to put all of your guys' worries to rest."

"What if they kill him?" Scott argues and I shake my head "They won't because he's him– and besides I'm not currently pacing the floor wanting to scream my head off after offering this option. That alone means he's gotta be safe for their little test."

Stiles swallows hard, digesting my words before he nods "She's right Scott, we need to do something– please call Noshiko and ask her to bring them here."

Scott takes a moment, looking between us before he nods and sets his hand on my arm, squeezing once as he walks past us and down the stairs to make the call to Kira's mom.

I lead Stiles over to the bed and help him sit down before mom walks in and clears her throat "Lay back Stiles– Addy why don't you wait in the hall..."

Her voice is off and I look over to see her furrowing her brows "It's him mom"

She swallows and nods quickly "I'm sure it is– Addy hall, please."

Biting my tongue, I exhale deeply and turn to help Stiles lay down "Thanks Adds" he mutters just above a whisper, unable to connect his eyes with mine.

I smile softly, grabbing his hand and squeezing three times "Always, Sty."

Mom smiles nervously when I set my hand on her arm, squeezing reassuringly on my walk past her and she heads over to the bed.

She lets out a deep breath through her nose as she cautiously sits next to his hip and activates nurse mode.

I lean my shoulder against the doorframe, crossing my arms in front of me as I watch mom grab her light and has him focus on the wall as she moves the light over his eyes.

She clicks the light off and sets it on Scott's nightstand before turning back towards him. She looks at her watch before lifting her other hand out towards Stiles' that are crossed over his stomach. She hesitates slightly, with her hand hovering over him which doesn't go unnoticed by Stiles.