Chapter 1- Snape

Chapter 1- SNAPE

Newt's Eyes... I kept in my mind, ravaging through the drawer of all sorts of bottles. The worried old man looked funny at me. I glared, slamming the drawer shut.

"Is this everything you have?" I snarled, but he feebly shook his head no. I sighed.

"Um, sir, I think we do," he shuttered, just before I reached for the door," but it's held on reserve. I tilted my head, curious. "But a good price, um, might settle it?" He winked. God. Con mans.

"How much?"

"Um, what's ten squared time five?"

"500."

"More than our price." The old man began gleaming, thinking he got me on his little money hook. Boy, was he wrong. I frowned.

"Goodbye." I stormed off, trudging through the snow. Great, I thought, now I can't teach today's class, especially with that Potter boy. I was apparently so deep in my thoughts that I knocked down a woman's grocery bags. I heard something crack, and noticed the ginger woman with pale pink cheeks on the floor.

"Oh dear! My eggs!" She yelped, collecting the little frogs that began hatching out of the eggs, and hopping away. I knelt down, helping her pick up all of the items she split. Strange, have e of them I couldn't identify. Ids that a muggle's version of cauliflower? Disgusting. Yet, I looked into the eyes of the woman, and something made me closer to her.

"Thank you, kind sir," she finally muttered under the snowflakes, holding sturdy the bags. She stuck out her hand, "I'm Ivy." I tilted my head again, curious how genetically she got that frizzy, tousled ginger hair.

"Snape."

"So, um thank you for your kindness."

"You're welcome," I hissed. I have been gifted with a snake-like voice. Often, people think I'm being mean when I talk. Strange.

"Oh, I must repay you somehow!"

"No need, Ivy."

"No, no- I must!" I sighed. Her green puppy-eyes stole my heart. Yet, Lily would choke me in my sleep if I would-

"Okay."

"Yes! Here, come into my home! I have a kettle with tea ready!" She took her free hand and dragged me along to a small cottage, remote from the main city square. Just as she reached for her keys, I began thinking again. What happens if this is my time to escape? Maybe, if I cut through her garden, I can get to Hogwards, then come back to class in time. Oh, what's the rush? Better make Potter wait and suffer in the torture of boredom.

"Sir?" I saw that Ivy has been gazing at me for some time. A snowflake dropped on my nose. She giggled. Ugh, I hate that. That's James made Lily do all the time...

"Oh, um, I dearly apologize, but I have to go..." I began to ramble and excuse as she literally dragged me into her home. I made a failed attempt to flee, but in the end, I decided to stay because of the storm that was coming ahead. I noticed she only had three rooms- the main room, compact with a small television and her kitchen, a bedroom, and the Jon. The table was set with a very unique tablecloth, with two cups of Marmeladee Tea. I can recognize the slit tint of blue, which was extracted from the Marmeladee flower. I also know it because Lily used to love that tea... She hopped into her seat, and sipped her tea greedily. I can understand her because of the cold weather, and the yearn to get under the warm tea covers. Yet, I sipped my tea with slow, quick pecks. After a silent tea-sipping, I finally began nibbling on my biscuit. She was quiet an impressive cook, but I noticed that it was five minutes before two, which indicated that I was here for forty five minutes. This thought made me choke on my biscuit.

"Do you have to go?" she lightly questioned, scanning my chocked expression when I noticed the time. I shook of the warm feeling from her voice.

"Um, yes. I do have to go," I said, putting the china into the sink, rinsing it off, and then dashing to the coat rack to grab my coat.

"So soon?"

"Yes, Ms. Ivy, I do have to go. I am late for an, um, event. I hope you have a marvelous day," I said, then ran out of the door, making sure she lasted in my memory for a long time.

From teleporting to running, I made it with five minutes to spare, I arrived at the cemetery where Lily was buried. I finally arrived at the grave, staring grimly down. Lily's name was carved so elegantly in, while I cringed in disgust when I noticed James's name. Potter. Ugh. Disgusting.

"Happy birthday to your husband, Lily," I said, kneeling down to put a red rose into the pile of snow. I could just see her scolding at me for skipping Potter's class.

"He is my son, and you where supposed to teach him," she'd stern, the lightly chuckle," But I know Ivy likes you." I gaped.

"No."

Yes!"

No!"

Yes, yes, yes," she'd tease. I smiled. Even though she ended up with a disgusting creature like James, but her spirit lived on.

As I arrived at the Hogward's Castle, Lily's name just disappeared from my head. Vanished. And was replaced by Ivy.