chapter 13

Rye's POV
It's been a pretty bad day. I wanted to be with Andy today but he was going to do something with his mum. I'm currently laying on my bed and I can't sleep. The only thing I can think about is Andy. As usual.

When I wake up the next morning I'm really tired. I decide to go to school in some joggers and a hoodie. I don't care what I'm wearing anymore. When I walk downstairs, I walk past a mirror and I happen to look at it. Shit, I look like a dead hedgehog. It's thursday today and my first class is at 9am. So I make some breakfast and sit down in the kitchen and eat it, all alone. When I'm walking out to my car, I think about how nice it is to know that you have someone waiting for you. I want to go to school nowadays, beacuse of Andy. I park my car and get out of it. When I walk out everyone is looking at me. More than yesterday. What has happened this time? Then I see Mikey come walking towards me. Or more run.

äIs it true mate?" he asks.

"What?" I say confused.

"The thing with Loren" Mikey says and he almost looks angry. I don't understand anything.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I say but Mikey just glares at me. "Mikey?"

"How could you do that to him?" he says and then he walks away. I try to walk after him but then a girl comes up to me.

"I knew you weren't gay" she says and smiles. I don't answer, I just start walking again but Mikey is gone. What the fuck is going on? I go into the school and I see Jack come walking towards me as soon as he sees me.

"You fucking idiot" he yells and walks up to my face. He's scary when he's angry beacuse he's taller than me and I know he'd do anything to protect his friends, I can't believe I trusted you" he spat and then I feel a burning pain on my chin. Jack walks away and everyone is looking at me now. My hand goes up to my chin. He slapped me. I don't get angry beacuse I'm too shocked. I walk to my locker and then I walk into the classroom. I sit down beside Mikey and whisper in his ear.

"Please mate, tell me what's going on" He looks up at me and he still looks angry.

"Don't pretend you don't know. You cheated on Andy" Mikey says.

"Me and Andy aren't togheter" I answer before I realise that made me sound guilty. "And I haven't done anything with anyone" I add but Mikey stands up and sits down next to someone else. I realise I have english now and I have english with Andy. I look around in the classroom but he's not here. Jack and Brook aren't here either. What have I done? I haven't been with someone else? And how did this happen so fast?

Andy's POV
It's thursday morning and I'm walking to my locker. My first class is math. I take out my things and go to our classroom. I sit down in the back of the classroom and plug me headphones in. Rye is everything I'm thinking about. I didn't have time to be with him yesterday and I really miss him.

"I didn't know you and Rye had broke up" Sara suddenly says. She's standing in front of me and she's leaning against my table.

"What do you mean?" I ask her, we're not even togheter yet.

"I mean, I didn't know he and Loren was a thing" Sara says. What is she talking about?

"What?" is all I can say.

"Yeah, Leah saw them yesterday" she says.

"Saw them?" I ask and I get a weird feeling.

"They made out in the school toilets. And then they got into Rye's car after school" Sara says and I can feel how I get dizzy. She's probably lying.

"Ask Loren" she adds and then she walks away. When everyone else enters the classroom I can feel how people stare at me.

"Poor boy" I hear someone say. "Did he really think Rye liked him for real?" someone else say. I can't listen to this. I stand up and walks out of the classroom. I need to find Loren. I go around in the hallways before I see Loren stand by her locker. None of her friends is around.