Chapter 30 - Reunion and Planning

Start from the beginning

"Eh, never wanted a wasted time." Lucy scoffs.

"Ohhh, maybe someday...someday," Tany says as she rubs her staff with her head over and over, with a crestfallen expression on her face.

And while that was going on, Seiner had a face that couldn't even describe the whole gravity of the whole "situation" that just happened. In fact, a situation so bad that he's trembling a lot while trying to keep his glasses in check.

"Here's a better thing to say to you two..." he says as he stops trembling, the two women and the rest looking closely at what happens next. "Don't talk shit about the bloody merits of science!" Both only give some looks that spell both dumbfounded and regret over his reaction as they step away from him for a bit while the others laugh from his reaction, perhaps even more than they should be.

"Why do you even laugh?! It's not even that fucking funny!" Seiner shouts again.

"Haha! You know it can't be helped when you youngsters spend most of that time with such trivial reactions, well, most people do, but you're quite the best of it," Eddie quips.

Seiner then tries to get close to him to give him some unsurprising smack from him. But before he can even try, he's interrupted...by a pat to the head, courtesy of Tany herself. In fact, it's all while spouting a wide smile on her face while also containing her laughter inside of her.

"Cut...it...out...please...!" Seiner growls under his breath as he breathes in and out to keep his composure steady.

"Hey now, be a nice boy and she will, OK?" Malak says.

"...Fine." Seiner then settles down on one bunk while keeping the capsules for himself, still with the habit he has done before. All while the others still chuckle over what happened.

Logan, in particular, does so while cleaning the hilt of his sword with a blue handkerchief, one borrowed from Malak herself. And in spite of the common jokes around him and the team, he still couldn't help but feel a bit of ease in his recent times. And as well a good time to wait.

Such people...it's like senior high-school all over again.

Just as the rest continue to work with their stuff, they hear two knocks outside the door. Logan turns around to see it.

"Hmm, would you care to, Logan?" Jackson asks.

"Sure thing." He then heads towards the door and leans towards its peephole. In it, he sees a person outside the room, but one of enough significance to make him turn around slowly. All of this with a frown.

"Its...Colonel Walker." The rest of the team stands in silence over the news, even Tany and Malak. It's been a while since they heard of him, apart from brief encounters with members like Jackson on certain matters. Especially the recent one with a fellow of their team. To visit at such time means something important, something new to deliver to the Warriors.

"If it's about that topic that's causing you to feel like you're meaningless, try to subside it and understand what he has to say." Jackson taps Logan on his shoulder as he leans close to him. "Promise me?"

Logan nods without a single word, with a single smile on his face. And yet, said smile feels like one he does out of obligation, all to please the other one if it means to successfully engage with another. Malak notices this as she holds her hand near her chest while her eyebrows draw together.

After some moment of hesitation, he slowly opens the door to greet Sylvester who's outside the room, standing in front of the door. Logan gazes at him with a clear eye and body posture. But even so, his smile could barely hide his feelings to Sylvester 's actions and such.