𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

SONG// CAN'T GET OVER YOU; JOJI

"MY BUSINESS IS YOUR BUSINESS, REINA."

Chapter 12

CLAIRE HUDSON

CLAIRE HUDSON

His lips left mine as quickly as it came, cool air greeting my swollen lumps. I wanted to cry and throw myself at his lips again, but I held the urge. It was a very strong urge to handle. I wasn't surprised that he kissed me again. I saw it coming.

I opened my eyes slowly and dreamily, my vision being met with his beautiful emerald brown eyes, gazing back at me with a look in his. Love and pleasure swimming in it. I assume my eyes looked the same if he's smirking like that. My eyes locked on his mouth as I watched his tongue dart out to lick his slight chapped lips.

He bent down and picked me up, hoisting me up against him. I instinctively wrapped my legs around his hips, and settled my arms around his neck, finally being eye level to him, instead of breaking my neck to look at him. I was so tired of being short to everyone else. Ruby not included. I should really start making Oscar carry me more often, then maybe I'd feel better.

He walked us to my bed, laying me down on my back before untangling his limbs from mine and laid down beside me, leaning on his side to look at me. I scooted closer to him, feeling warmth radiating off of his body along with the smell of cigarettes and axe. As much as I didn't support cigarettes, I loved the smell on him. I could go to sleep to his scent. It was comforting.

The deep bass of his voice startled me as it took me out of my trance of inhaling his scents.

"Claire, I'm sorry."

I stared at him in confusion. Why was he apologizing? What the heck?

Oscar shifted onto his back and leaned an arm over his eyes, a sigh leaving his lips. The aura he gave off signaled that he was upset. To see him upset, made me upset as well.

I slowly grabbed his hand that wasn't over his face into mine, intertwining our fingers together. He lazily wrapped his fingers around mine and uncovered his eyes to gaze at me. His gorgeous hazel eyes were filled with guilt and regret. My chest tightened as he grasped my hand tighter, but not to hurt me.

"I made you upset earlier," Oscar roughly grumbled, his jaw clenching and unclenching as he seemed to be angry with himself. I processed the events on what happened before the incident at the store. The dinner at Oscar's home, meeting his friends, him bringing me home, me asking about what they do..

"No," I continued, shaking my head. "There's no need to be sorry about my curiosity." I mumbled softly, enjoying the toughness of his thumb rubbing on my knuckles. "I'm the one that needs to be sorry for sticking my nose in your business. I'm sorry."

Oscar chuckled darkly, and pulled me up from my spot beside him, laying me down on his chest, bringing my mint green blanket on top of us. I snuggled my head into his giant cross tattooed neck, and sighed in peace and contentment.