~thirty-one~

That night I had received maybe three hours of sleep between the baby, the feeding and the nurses coming in and out of the room.

I was more than ready to go home.

As everyone started waking up and moving, I got up, leaving the sleeping baby, just happy that she was sleeping.

Although I was still very sore, I showered and got into shorts and one of my shirts, slipping on socks.

I walked out, seeing Calum walk in at the same time.

His eyes immediately widened.

"Did you shower by yourself?" He panicked, wrapping his arms around me to help me back to bed.

"Yeah- it was no big deal-" "you just gave birth, Casey- it's always good to have someone with you until you're completely healed, okay?"

"Okay" I sighed out.

Soon after he got into bed with me, just holding me for a few minutes- the baby woke up, making him immediately stand.

"Fussy baby" he spoke in his baby voice, picking her up, carrying her to me slowly.

He slowly handed her to me, making her almost immediately stop crying.

"It's crazy to me, babies always stop crying as soon as they hit their mommies arms" he spoke, watching the two of us.

He helped me as I changed her into an outfit that we were talking her home in.

Ashton came in as I stared to her sleeping body as she laid on her back between my legs.

"I'm going to check your vitals before I discharge you and her, okay?"

I gave a nod, making him immediately listen to my heart and lungs.

He checked my blood pressure, pulse and temperature before looking to me.

"Momma is good to go"

We all started slowly getting ready, Brantley joined us, watching me put the baby into her carrier.

"Why she sleep so much?" He asked me.

"Because she's a baby, babies sleep a lot" I spoke to him, seeing him nod slowly as if he fully understood.

Just as we were about to leave, Macey ran in.

"I have an announcement" she smiled, hands behind her back.

Everyone looked to her, and I knew- she fucked up.

"What is it?" Calum spoke as Luke came to me, helping me make sure Cayden was okay.

She pulled a pregnancy test from behind her back, showing it to the room.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me." Calum spoke, immediately putting his head into his head.

I almost jerked the stick out of her hand, seeing the one word I didn't want to

Pregnant

"You didn't have the full attention for a few months, so you do this again?" I laughed out, returning to Cayden.

"Why isn't anyone happy?" She questioned.

"Because Macey- do you fucking realize what you just did- who is even the fucking Dad?" Calum almost yelled.

"It didn't matter that Casey's baby daddy didn't want the baby-" "Casey was in a serious relationship, she had a job, they had a house-" "and she no longer has any of those" she spoke, immediately pissing me off.

"Bitch" I laughed out, turning to her.

"I own a house, I will get my job back, and Cayden may not have her dad in her life, but she will have a responsible mother- which is three things that you will not be able to provide"