24

24 | Way to let me down
Song: Xo
By: We The King's

October 4, 2018 (later that evening)

Me: hey you wanna come over?

JT: no I can't I'm busy

Me: doing what?
Seen

10 minutes later

Me: Hello??

Why isn't she responding? She's never busy.

I turned my phone off and put it on the coffee table next to my couch. I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.

I unscrewed the cap and took a sip. The water the ice cold, just how I like it. The only thing that I don't like is when the cold water hits my front teeth. Their sensitive.

I check the time, it was 6:30. The sun was starting to set. Sun light was coming through the window next to the front door.

Sometimes I just forget that I went to school today.

Suddenly, I heard my phone go off, making a vibration noise. I approached it and saw that it was unknown number. But the number seemed familiar to me for some reason.

"Hello?" I started. All I could hear was shuffling in the background.

"Hello" I repeated. No answer. Then I heard breathing. Heavy breathing. The sounds of the background sounded like laughing. Boys laughter.

I was about to hang up when finally the person spoke.

First he cleared his throat and let out some air before he said, "Hey Noah." His raspy deep voice sent shivers down my spine. I froze in place and became silent.

"Still wanna go on a date?" Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. It's Ben. Art class Ben. How did he get my number?

I stayed quiet.

"C'mon Noah, you can talk to me." His voice keeps me out. His comment made me want to throw up.

"We can go on a simple date. Get dinner, watch a movie, then maybe after we can—"

I hung up.

I know what he was going to say. It made me feel scared. Does Grayson know about this? He should.

Then my phone started vibrating again. Same number.

Declined.

I put my phone back down and backed away from it.

His comment replayed over and over in my head. It haunted me.

When he said what he would like do to with me after a movie, made my eyes glossy.

Such a dick.

🔲🔳🔲🔳🔲🔳

October 15, 2018