Chapter Five

Bucky's POV

"What?!" Natasha and I say in unison. We cast a glance at each other with a look of pure confusion on our face. How is this even possible? Nat and I have never... done 'it'.

"Wait, hold up." Tony interrupted. He turned to Nat. "You? And Barnes? Since when was that a thing?"

"It was never a thing!" Nat snapped. "They never had a thing, Stark." Fury intrudes. He then turns to Nat and I. "Your daughter wasn't made the normal way. HYDRA wanted another super soldier, and they would do anything to get it. So, they partnered with the Red Room."

"I-I'm sorry, what?" Tony says. "She wasn't made the normal way? Then how in the world is this girl even alive?"

Fury sends an annoyed glance towards Tony. "They used their DNA." Tony then has an 'ah-ha' moment. "Now that is weird."

"So you're saying," Bruce says slowly, ignoring Tony's comment, "that HYDRA took Bucky and Natasha's DNA to create a new super soldier? In other words, creating their daughter?"

"That is exactly what I'm saying." Fury says. "This is marvelous! We must celebrate! The lost daughter has been found!" Thor says, cheerfully.

"Oh, boy." Clint says as he does a face palm. There's a long silence before Steve finally breaks it.

"Does she know?" Steve asks. "About Buck and Nat?" Fury lets out a sigh. "Well, from the information we gathered, it's a yes and a no."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say, a bit annoyed. "Your daughter has spent years looking for you. Eventually she found out who you were, Barnes. But, by that time, you had already escaped. As for you Romanoff," he says as he turns to Nat. "She wasn't able to find much, but it was enough to track you down. She even had a hidden file on you two." Fury says as he looks down at his feet.

"Had?" Clint asks. Fury sighs. "She got caught. Caused her to get everything wiped, just like you James. If she's anything like the both of you, she'll put up a good fight. Be on guard. We leave tomorrow." Fury states as he starts to walk out of the room.

"Tomorrow?" Nat says. "I thought we left in a couple of days?" Fury looks over his shoulder and says, "There's been a change of plans, Miss Romanoff." He then walks out of the room.

Agent Hill hands Steve a file. "You go in the base, get the girl, and get out. Here's all you need to know about the mission."

"But why the sudden change?" Bruce asks. "She's property of SHIELD, that's why." Hill says dryly. As she walks out of the room, Natasha scoffs.

"Property of SHIELD my ass." Nat says, clearly frustrated. Ignoring her comment, Thor asks, "What does the file say?"

"Well, it shows us a map of the facility. JARVIS, pull up HYDRA base."

"Yes, Captain."JARVIS said.

As JARVIS pulls up the map, I find myself getting distracted. I have a daughter. A beautiful brown hair blue eyed daughter. She looks so much like me. But the more I look at her picture, the more I realize that she looks like Natasha too.

"Buck, you okay?" Steve asks. "Huh? Oh, y-yea I'm good." Steve eyed me skeptically before carrying on with his presentation.

"Alright, here's what we're dealing with. The facility is surrounded by the woods in Russia. The entrance is here." He then points to a spot on the map. "It's all underground. There's also a major drop off, so we gotta be careful. Some of us are going to have to take the elevator to get where we need to be. Others will take the stairs. The floor we are looking at is the tenth floor out of twenty-one. On the very last floor, there is a landing pad. Once we get Nadiya, we will all meet at the pad. That's when a jet will come and pick us up. In the process, we will set charges up throughout the facility so we can take out another HYDRA base."

"Sweet. Kill two birds with one stone." Tony says. "Actually, I guess I could say three birds."

"That's not how the saying goes, Stark. Even I know that." I say. "Good for you, Barnes. Now, what I was saying was that I can finally try out my new Iron Man suit." Tony says excitingly.

"Another one? Seriously? How many do you need?" Clint asks. "As many as I want. Plus, this one has heating pads installed into it just incase it gets too cold."

Everyone just stares at him completely and utterly annoyed. "What? I want to be comfortable." Tony says as he pouts. "We are in a battle, risking our lives I may add, and you are worried about being comfortable?" Natasha says, annoyance dripping from her words.

"Hey, stop it, both of you." Steve says. "Everyone needs to go suit up. Except for Nat and Buck, I need to talk to the both of you."

As we watched everyone file out of the room, Nat and I turn our attention to Steve. "What is it, Steve?" Nat says, clearly still annoyed from her encounter with Tony.

"I just wanted to make sure you two are ready. Being a parent is a big responsibility. And with this line of work getting in the middle of it? It's going to be hard." Steve says calmly.

"I know Steve, thank you for the concern." I say with a smile. "I don't know how you're so calm about this." Nat says turning towards me. "Ever since I was young, I've had my future mapped out for me. I've already accepted everything that's going to happen. But this? Having a child? That was never supposed to happen."

"But it did. You don't want to admit it, but you're scared." Steve says calmly. There's no response from Nat as she just looks to the floor in embarrassment. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm scared too." I speak up. Nat's head suddenly perks up as she looks into my eyes. "A child was never in my future either. But, like Steve said, it happened. We just have to deal with it as it comes."

There's a long pause before Steve finally breaks it. "Hey, just be grateful that you're past the diaper and no sleep stage." I let out a small laugh while Nat simply rubs her temples, trying her best to get that thought out of her head. "Yea, that may be true, but we gotta deal with a teenaged super soldier girl." Nat says.

"Oh yea, well, good luck guys." Steve says, trying his best to hide his laughter. "But in all seriousness, you guys aren't alone. You've got the whole team here to help you." Steve says. I smile. "Thanks Steve. Now, can we go or are you planning on giving us another speech?" I say with a smirk.

"Oh shut up." Steve says. Nat lets out a chuckle. "Boys." She says under her breath. "Hey, I heard that." I say. "Without your hearing aids on? I'm impressed, Barnes." She says with a smirk. I sigh. "Every time.." Steve then puts a hand on my shoulder. "Trust me, it never gets better."

"That's for the words of encouragement, pal." I say sarcastically. "Anytime Buck."

As we make it to the elevator, I can't help but think about what's all going on. In a couple of hours, I am going to meet my daughter.

Little did I know it would go so wrong...

Updated 8/4/19