Remembering

His lips are soft and for a few moments I forget everything.

I pull away and I must have had a strange look on my face because Jackson turns red and starts apologizing profusely.

"It's ok!" I say through laughs.

"Are...are you sure?" He stutters.

I nod.

He smiles and moves so he's beside me.

"I'm sorry I did that. I just...Well, I've been wanting to do that," he explains.

"It's ok. It wasn't all that bad. And besides, it's not like I'm dating anyone so......it's fine," I say.

"But...you still don't remember me? Like, really remember me?" He asks.

I shake my head.

"I'm sorry. I wish I did, but I can't," I say.

"Hmm," he mutters.

I sigh and lean my head against the wall.

All of a sudden, my vision goes blurry for a moment. I shake my head and it clears up.

That was weird. Maybe I just need to liquid.

I start to get up before it blurs again and I stumble trying to get up.

"Are you ok?" Jackson asks, noticing my clumsiness.

"Yeah, I think I just need some water,"I say, finally standing up.

I walk over to the kitchen but I don't make it. My vision goes black and I hit the floor.

"Annie!" I hear a distant voice shout.

"What?" I mutter, trying to open my eyes. All I see are bright lights above me.

"Why does this always happen to me? Please be ok! I don't know what I'd do without you!" The voice sounds like someone I know.

I open my eyes. It's Jackson.

He looks down at me and smiles through his tears.

"Annie, thank goodness!" He says and throws his arms around me.

I smile and hug him, but he suddenly tenses up and pulls back.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself," he says happily.

I give him a confused look.

"Why are you sorry?"

"It's just...we aren't dating so no need to act like it," he repeats like he's said it a million times before.

This is getting more confused by the second. I thought we both liked each other.

"And besides the whole thing with Payton..," he trails off.

"The thing with Payton?" I ask. I feel like I'm missing something.

"You know...you liking him?" He asks.

I furrow my eyebrows. "I don't like Payton. And besides, he and Marie are together," I say.

"You remember Marie?" Jackson asks.

"Of course, she's my best friend!" I exclaim. "Don't you know this?"

"Wait," He says. He pauses for a moment before continuing. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Ugh, I just passed out," I say.

"Before that,"

"I was in a car accident and then I woke up and came here and then passed out, right?"

"Um, no," he says.

"Wait, What? Explain," I say.

"Well, you were in a car accident but you had a terrible concussion and then forgot everyone and then almost got killed by this guy and then I saved you and we care back here and then you passed out," he says in one breath.

"I don't remember that," I say.

"So you don't like Payton?" He asks again.

"No! Are you jealous?" I tease.

He scrunches up his face and turns away, crossing his arms.

"No," he lies.

I wrap my arms around him. "Don't worry, Jackson. You're the only one I could like," I whisper in his ear.

He smiles and turns so I'm in between his legs and his arms around my stomach.

"You're so amazing Annie," he mutters in my ear.

"Mmm Hmm," I say, already getting tired in his comforting arms.

We fall asleep that way and it's absolutely blissful.

Hope you enjoyed this! I don't feel like making you guys read a crap ton of chapters where they're mushy unless you guys want that. But I'm thinking of ending this soon.