{Revelations}

I slept horribly. My headache has persisted, leading me to sit at the end of the bed cradling my head in my hands desperately trying to rub it away.

Nothing Charlie or Bella have done has effected it at all. I know what makes it better.

I've been staring at my phone for fifteen minutes deciding if I feel bad enough to be so pathetic.

Eventually, I decide I am.

The ringing hurts my ears, but it's not for long. Jasper answers quickly.

"Jordan? Are you alright?"

"Er, hey, Jasper. Um, not really."

I'm finding it hard to speak properly. The deep throbbing makes it hard to articulate.

"What's wrong? You sound hurt."

"Is it that obvious?" I mutter, then sigh.

"You are hurt?" Concern rings clear in his voice.

"It's my head, Jasper. It's so sore. Please, I know it's ridiculous but could you come over?"

I hate the moisture I can feel pooling in my eyes as I grasp the hem of my shirt.

"Of course, Jordan. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thanks. Be careful coming over. The roads are slippy," I say.

Not fifteen minutes later, there's a knock on the door.

I can hear muffled voices, but I'm in too much pain to hear them properly.

I'm lying on the floor, curled up with my head pressed into my knees as hard as I can. Anything to relieve the pressure.

Footsteps vibrate on the floor, but they're too light to be Bella or Charlie's, so I know it's Jasper. The door creaks open.

"Jordan?!"

In a flash, I'm held in icy arms. The cold soothes my rising temperature, and I sigh in relief.

"Jordan, what happened?"

"I don't know. It just got worse," I manage to say, before another wave hits me and my face crumples in pain.

"Hey, hey, shh. You'll be okay, I will take you to the hospital."

"No, no, don't take me to the hospital," I say.

"Why not?"

"Just...please."

I hear him sigh and adjust his position. My head finds his chest, and he places his hand on the other side.

His fingers draw gentle circles on my temple. My breathing calms as I try to sinc it with his.

As the ache fades, I feel more and more drained. Like I said, I didn't sleep. So when there's no pain left, I fall unconscious in Jasper's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am dragged back through the peaceful darkness by the sound of a bell. It tolls loudly, shaking the floor and ceiling.

Eventually, I drop to my knees trying to block out the sound. Pain erupts through my head as I clutch it tightly.

"Jordan..."

I can barely hear the voice through the pounding of this damn bell.

"Jordan."

Clutching my head tighter feels like the only way I can even begin to hear this person speaking.