✰ 7 ✰

Bakugo wakes up to a disturbance, one that pissed him off from the beginning. Who in their right mind calls someone this late at night. He grumbles and pick up his phone. He swears, he'll give whoever it is-

Oh. It's Kirishima.

He answers, putting the phone up to his ear. "The fuck you want, shitty hair?"

He could hear shuffling before getting a response. "Ah, sorry for calling you this late, Bakubro, it's just..." A deep breath is heard, "I need to get some things off my chest, if you're okay with it of course!"

What could be bothering Kiri this late at night? If it were to be a random one of his classmates, he would've cursed them out and curse them out even more the next day. But, as much as he hates to admit, he cares about the red-haired extra, perhaps a bit too much.

Bakugo sits up and rests against his bed. "Start talkin before I hang up."

That was enough to get Kiri to speak. "Do you ever just...have a dream that's too realistic? One that you should know is not real but can't help but think the opposite?"

He knew something was wrong from his tone of voice alone, but the words he was saying were also concerning to him. Not letting his true feelings show,. Bakugo grumbles a no. Surprisingly, this causes Kiri to laugh.

"Yeah, expected much..." He pauses, "hey... we're friends, right?"

Okay, that definitely threw him off. Why ask that now of all times? Wasn't it obvious to the boy that he cared about him? Bakugo hold back a sigh.

"Yeah, I guess."

It was a completely out of character response, but he could never bring himself to lie to his best friend.

He couldn't see, but Kiri was smiling brightly.

Bakugo adjusted his position to get more comfortable. "Was that all you called to ask me about?"

"No, of course not! It's just...I had this dream...it made it seem like my friends didn't care. I'm sorry, I guess I just needed reassurance?" Kiri laughs, though it didn't sound positive.

So that's why he called him. He had a dream about his friends and he needed to be told by one of them that they cared. That, Bakugo could do, in his own way of course.

"Listen, dumbass, your stupid friends do give a shit about you. Whatever happened in your fucking dream isn't real, alright?" Bakugo came off as hostile, but he really does want to make sure it gets through to Kiri that others care about him.

Kirishima didn't respond for a moment, causing Bakugo to get anxious, but they were quickly washes away when he heard the familar voice speak.

"Right...thanks, Bakugo. I really needed that." Bakugo could almost hear the smile in his voice.

"Whatever, Shitty hair..." Bakugo thinks for a moment, "...don't hesitate to call me again if something stupid like this comes up again, alright? Just try not doing it this fucking late next time..."

Kirishima laughs. "Alright. Sorry, Bakubro."

"Whatever." Was his only response as he lays back down.

Him and Kirishima got into a long discussion about random things: school, heroes, anything that came to mind. It felt nice to Bakugo, having someone to talk to like this so casually without any swearing or intimating. Eventually, though, they both got tired and called it a night.

Both Kirishima and Bakugo slept well that night.

~~~~

Another chapter, complete! So sorry for the lack of Kirimina, I'll try to add it next chapter!

Also (sorry for the promo) I plan on writing a BnHA villian story, so look out for that if you're interested!

Le Question~: what are you most excited for in season 4? •