16

Ethan

I woke up to an empty bed with no Emma in sight and I would be lying if I said it didn't disappoint me.

I could smell Mom making breakfast and the chatter from downstairs meaning she was there with her Mom and mine. So I got up and decided to go down too.

"Morning beauty." Mom said sarcastically.

"Hi." I smiled.

"I'm making some bacon and eggs so just sit at the table with Emma and they will be in front of you soon." She smiled back.

Michelle was with her. She looked a tiny bit awkward but mostly was trying to distract herself from crying. I could notice that because Emma does it. I used to do it.

"How you feeling today Michelle?" I spoke up before I went to go sit next to Emma.

"I-I'm good, thank you. And you?" She muttered.

"Better than ever."

I didn't wanna rub it in her face that I was having a good time but her daughter makes me extremely happy.

I left the room and joined Emma. Dragging out a chair and sitting next to her. She smelt great and it reminded me of strawberries.

And I love strawberries.

"Hey Kid." I say, giving her the eyes.

"Don't do that." She laughed.

"Well it got a laugh out of you so." I shrugged.

"Yeah because I'm laughing at you. Not with you." She crossed her arms playfully and put them on the table.

"Did I ever tell you that your smile is pretty Chamberlain?" I move closer, resting my elbow on the table and using the palm of my hand a stool for my head.

"Yes. Many times. All the time when we were babies, is it still pretty?" She smiled.

"Oh the prettiest, nothing new I suppose." Scrunched my nose up at her.

"Your Mom told me this morning that she's happy we are reunited. She says she sees a change. I do too E." Her pretty smile was there on her pretty face.

"It's true I guess." I smiled back.

"I'm supposed to be telling you off right now." She puts her hand up, blocking my face.

"Why?"

"Because you got in the bed."

"And?"

"I told you not to." She moves her hand.

"I can't help myself Em. How could I go to bed out in the Hut knowing you was cold in your bed and all alone." I pouted.

"Yeah but neither of our parents know we ar-"

She paused.

I fucking knew what she was gonna say. I raise my eyebrows telling her to continue but I know she won't. She knows she catching feelings.

I told her she would.

"You like me Emma and you always have, please admit it."

"No." She says, looking forward.

"Do it."

She shook her head.

"Wow Em, never took you for the pussy type."

She choked on her orange juice which she took a sip from. She composed herself to talk to me.

"I'm not, I'm just scared." She was playing with the table. A distraction.

"Of what?"

"You... this." Her eyes found mine.

"What's there to be scared about?" I put her hair behind her ear, not letting her eyes fall away from mine.

"Because I just got my heart broken Ethan... you do that to girls. I've seen you practically make them watch you break their hearts and I just don't have time for that." Her eyes were about to fall but I spoke.

"Have I even tried anything?" She shook her head. "Exactly Emma. That was my motive for these girls because it was easy. You're not easy and that's not my motive for you."

"So what is your motive?"

Marriage. Babies. Dying together.

"Not that."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't promise I'd be the most perfect boyfriend and never fuck up because everyone does but I'd protect your heart more than I do with mine."

"You already and have always done that though."

"Well each time I fucked up or something went wrong, no matter what terms we were on- your heart would still be safe."

"Are you sure?"

"100%"

She grinned to herself.

"I wanna mend those cracks Emma. Let me fix you again." I plead.

Emma and I got closer and closer and I swear she was gonna kiss me when she was inches from my face but instead all she did was say "Okay."

I was okay with an okay.

Mom came in with breakfast and Michelle sat down too. We all ate. My Dad said he was gonna take me to this football game today so I couldn't spend it with Emma. She said she didn't mind because she could read and look after her Mom.

I always valued time with my Dad. He was my bestfriend and even though I got distant from everyone, I never did with my Dad. He helped me with the Hut and he even came up with the idea. It's helped me so much and I love him for it.

I got back to the house at 7pm and coming through the door I saw a pretty girl on the couch watching the TV.

"Oh great! You're back. Your Dad, Michelle and I are going for some drinks to release stress and stuff so you two can watch some movies or something as Cam is out at her friends house and so is Gray. Love you"

She kissed my forehead and the 3 fizzled out of the door.

"Hey Emmo." I say sitting next to her. She was laying down but she lifted her feet on my lap when I sat down.

"Hey." She was tired.

"What have you done today?"

"Not a lot, went shopping with your Mom and mine."

"That's nice. The game was good but I'm kinda tired now." I yawned and laid on her.

"But all you did is watch something." She said whilst laughing.

"Yeah yeah, I'm tired. Stroke my hair."

She did and it felt great. Fuck, I nearly moaned.

"I love your long hair." She muttered.

"It loves you too."

I sat up and she moved her legs so I could sit next to her. I wrapped my arm round the back of her. "Missed me at all?" I smirked.

"Oh way too much." She said sarcastically.

"No but really." I got closer.

"Yeah." She said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm." She said even quieter.

I got closer and so did she. The suspense was too much and I felt sick with excitement. It was about to happen. I could taste the strawberries already.

Fuck I love strawberries. I wanted it more.

She swallowed hard and leaned forward. I put hair behind her ear. Right before I was gonna go in, the door busted open. Both our heads immediately turned.

"Emma?" Grayson blurted out.

FUKCKDKKD guys love u

don't forget to vote on my stories and to go ask questions on my last post <333