Last Summer's Black Heart~ Ch.7

Referring To The Last Chapter, Why YES I DO Play Left 4 Dead 2, Just Not On Xbox, I Play It On The Good Old Laptop, PC Whatever You Desire To Call It.

Chapter Seven; News never expected

"Okay, so whoever wins this match, wins the free supper the loser has to pay." Uncle Tim told me and Maggie. Which was pretty stupid, since it was a given I would win; I had won against him, Dune, Kaleb and Mickey.

And there was also the fact that I was pretty sure that Maggie had never driven a race car before, you could just tell because her parents were so over protective and the fact that she was getting help with putting on the gear. I laughed as she scowled at the pink helmet that they were putting on her.

Meanwhile I was already dressed up good; I had brought my motorcycle's helmet and biker's jacket. As I hopped into my race car, I banged the sides of my helmet.

My car was black, white and red and Maggie's was purple, black and silver. Both of them were pretty sweet. My number was 69 and her's was 93. "Are we all ready?" The race car life guard or whatever asked. I held up the thumbs up sign, Maggie nodded, not taking her eyes off the steering wheel.

"Alright, on your marks, get set-" We revved our engines "-go!" The cars took off with a loud screech as we raced to get ahead of the other.

Maggie turned the corner sharply, leaving me in her dust, my cousins howled with amusement. But this was only the first lap; Maggie shouldn't show me all her tricks yet.

I made a wide turn and almost slammed into the wall, but gained speed as I went down a straight part of the track, I gained on Maggie and within a few seconds I passed her. It was strange how she didn't curse when I passed her, she just looked at me and shrugged, it was like she wanted to get me angry. Well I wouldn't... maybe.

We hit a jaggy hill part and I slowed down my car, knowing that I'd get more speed if I sped up right at the last hill.

Shifting my gears I slowed down and watched as Maggie passed me with lighting speed, but there wasn't even a satisfied smile on her face, just concentration. Gritting my teeth I hit the second last hill and shifted my gears again, this time to a faster setting. My car flew off the last hill and soared past Maggie's and landed with a few bumps a little ways away right beside the finish line.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel and spun it, and held it hard for a good turn, my car spun and dust came up behind me as I left skid marks, getting onto a straight part again, I put the pedal to the medal.

I was already on my second lap, and being the jerk I was, I smiled to myself for winning that lap. But while I was smiling, Maggie was also smiling, and stepped down hard on her gas petal and zoomed down the straight part with ease, turning sharply and hitting the hills again while I was still on the straight part.

Blinking in amazement, I shifted my gears and pressed down hard on my own gas pedal and tried to catch up, but it was no use, Maggie was too far ahead for me to be able to catch up to.

"Shit!" I muttered to myself, switching gears again, trying to pick up speed. It worked and I soared over the hills, but just as I reached the finish line, Maggie was already screeching her car into a halt.

My cousin's mouths were gapping wide open in amazement as I pulled in behind her awkwardly parked car. My uncle was high fiving Maggie and hugging her joyously.

"You beat my nephew, you beat my nephew! I love you!" He was crying, I could almost picture tears coming down his face.

I sighed and took off my helmet, holding it in my armpit as I watched as Maggie tried to pry my uncle off of her.