"Of course," I repeated, slowly understanding the meaning behind her words.

Sam nodded again. "I guess it's just not that easy for me to accept that, uh, new people, you know. When Ash picks you, I guess you belong. I don't know. So yeah, I'm sorry. For yesterday."

I cracked a grin. "Aw, you're getting soft."

Her expression hardened, and she narrowed her eyes at me. "Say that again and I'll fucking make you drink your own pee."

"Yeah, no, let's not do that." I hesitated. "Thanks for telling me this."

Sam rolled her eyes. "Just don't ditch Ash as soon as you get the chance."

I smiled at her, trying to make it as honest as possible. "I won't. Promise."

She nodded, then moved to open the door.

"Hey, maybe we can be friends after all!" I said as she left the room, and she just flipped me off as a reply.

I turned back around to the urinal, smiling as I proceeded to do what I came here for. Sam just admitted that she'd try and accept me as part of their group, I could finally pee, and I still had the bathroom all to myself. Was there a better way to start this day?

Now all I had left to do was convince Asher that I really wasn't leaving him for good, and help him overcome his trust issues. Then, everything would finally fall into place.

*

My hands were buried in Asher's hair, pressing him closer as we kissed. We weren't careful and hesitant like when we shared our first kiss. I was a panting mess, comfortably laying on my mattress with Asher on top of me.

He used his one arm to hold himself up so not all of his weight was resting on me, and his other one was wandering from my cheek over my neck down to my shoulder. We were both shirtless, my door was locked even though Michael wouldn't be home for another hour or two, and the room had suddenly gotten unbelievably hot.

Maybe it was just Asher, though.

I let out a quiet moan as he pressed his lips against a soft spot right under my ear, and my cheeks turned an unhealthy shade of red. Asher stopped to grin down at me.

Instead of saying anything, he lowered his head again, kissing the spot a second time, now softer. At first I tried to hold in the following moan, but then I gave in and whispered a hoarse "fuck".

Asher quietly chuckled against my skin, and I rolled my eyes.

"Just wait until I find your spot. Bet you won't laugh then, bitch."

He leaned down for a quick kiss on my lips. "I like you better moaning than mad."

With my cheeks reddening again, he moved to pick up where he left when suddenly, the shrill sound of my ringing phone broke the silence.

I groaned in annoyance, but Asher didn't move. "Let it ring."

"What if it's important?" I asked, raising a brow.

"More important than this?" he replied, copying my facial expression. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away a little.

"I'll answer it real quick, and then I'll suck your dick."

Asher moved away so I could get up. "Wait, really?"

I shrugged, heading over to where my phone was laying. "If you shut up now. Hello?"

"Stupid ass boy," Ruby's voice appeared as I answered the call. "I haven't heard from you in like, forever. I thought you ran off in the sunset with some hillbilly chick. Or cowboy. I don't even know at this point."