six

The Terrible
~•°•~

Lyra stood in front of her mirror, silently wishing to shrink down and to be stepped on. Wishing for her demise was the only thing she could think of now, especially that she was about to see her mate again.

She wanted to sing her own perish song, but why couldn't she? Maybe because she hasn't fought for him enough. She just gave up and watched him marked another wolf.

Fighting would only be fruitless. Defying the Alpha would be stupid and will only mark her as a traitor to their pack. Everybody saw how he marked Lois, but nobody saw her ran away from the painful scene of her mate with another wolf.

She looked at her face, her grey eyes too dull to reflect any kind of emotions she was feeling. Her dry heart stopped beating when her wolf stopped howling.

She chastised herself for not being enough. For being too stupid to believe that love exists in her world. For falling for Ignacios. He was too high to reach, while every second that passed, she sank deeper into a pit of despair she feared she might not get out of.

A knock on the door snapped her back to reality, realizing it was probably Felix. She sighed, grabbing her necklace that hung from the vanity mirror. It was the same necklace that Felix gave her as a gift. She quickly put it on as fast as she could.

“Are you okay? Do you need any help in there?” Felix’s voice chimed in, making her groan.

“I'm fine, be there in a minute.” She said, shaking her head in frustration. She hated getting ready for everything.

Lyra opened the door, seeing Lex was stood upright against the wall painted in creamy white. He smiled lopsidedly, nodding as his eyes skimmed over her frilly black off-shoulder dress that showed her skin.

“Black?” He nodded, catching a glimpse of sadness in her eyes. “Suitable.” His voice seemed eerily low, there was an edge in his voice that made her frown.

Suitable?!

Black was for mourning loss, but she never intended to do it. She had just grabbed the closest thing she could grab that was mildly appropriate for the evening. Her brain ran a thousand miles. She wasn't supposed to be here.

Doing this.

Talking to Felix.

Dressed in black.

Pretending to be okay when inside, all that was happening is the raging of the squall she could hardly control.

A quick pang of pain shot through her veins as she remembered Iggy’s face. Smiling under the sun as he ran away from her. His I love yous, his eyes, his hair, his scent all over her and the thought of his bare body clashing against her was an intoxicating idea that caused tears to cascade down her cheeks.

‘I love you, Lyra.’

She heard his voice through her thoughts, weakening her legs. She felt two strong arms held her up, gripping her shoulders in a tight hold.

“Dammit, Lyra,” Felix whispered, squaring his jaw as he took her into his arm, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

She didn't give a damn. A familiar touch was what she needed the most now. No awkward exchanges but instead, she threw herself onto him and pressed her body against his. She cried on him, sobbing like a child against his chest.

“There baby sis. Cry all you need.” He says.

She felt her wolf snicker at his voice. At least her wolf still moved, if it didn't it just meant she would be cleaved.