Chapter 10

John
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today at love locks I couldn't keep my eyes off Eve. She's different, in a good way, but I think there's more than meets the eye. I pulled up in the driveway and parked the car. We got out and went to the trunk to get Eve's clothes. "Thank you John, for buying me clothes and breakfast" Eve thanked grabbing the last bag from the trunk. "Your quite welcome." We got to the porch and I just remembered that we needed to go to the store for groceries. "I forgot I needed to go too the store, we don't have enything for dinner" "I can go put up my clothes and we can go together. If you want." "Yeah go ahead, I'll wait in the car." She walked up the stairs to the porch and twisted the doorknob. It was locked, I got out of the car and tossed eve the keys to the house. She unlocked it and walked right in. About 15 minutes later she came out and got in the car. She reached for something to her right, "what you looking for?" She shook her head, "nothing" I started the engine and drove to the grocery store.

"What else do we need" Eve asked coming to the cart with a gallon of milk. "Um.." I looked at the list, "stuff for dinner and lunch for the week, I'll let you dissid what we have. I'm not that picky" "what about spaghetti and salad for one night. I can make chicken and dumplings too, my mom used to make them for me. Um.. . Liver and onions? Maybe, if you like it." "I never actually had liver and onions. Let's have that for dinner one night, and chicken and dumplings sound really good." She smiled "well I'll need to go get what we need for it. I'll meet you back here." "Ok" and she was off getting the ingredients for dinner. I walked around the store looking at the food and stuff trying to think of what else we should have for dinner. I was trying to think of homemade recipes, I remember my mom making potpies for dinner when I was little. That settled it I was going to make pot pies for eve.
I knew I didn't have flour at home so I got that, I got peas, carrots, and some beef to stuff them with.
I finally found all I needed and whent to the place I agreed to meet Eve. A minute later Eve came with a store basket full of different ingredients. "What you making for dinner this week?" "Its a surprise" I said with a smile. "I didn't know all what you already had. I see you already got flour, I'll go put mine up and we can go to the cash register." She put her basket in the cart and ran off with the flour in her hand. I just waited looking at the shelves. soups and canned vegetables were all stocked up on the shelves. "I'm here. Is it ok John if I go and get myself some soap, I had to use yours the other day" evie said walking up to the cart. "Sure I'll meet you up at the register" she nodded, "thank you john" I nodded and turned the cart to the registers. I waited about 15 minutes and she piped out from the corner of a aisle. "I wish I had a job, I could pay for my soap and all this stuff." "Well maybe there hiring, we can ask." She nodded and put the items up on the counter. I payed and we grabbed the bags then walked out to the parkinglot to pack the groceries in the trunk. We jumped in and Eve turned on the radio after I started the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled up to my house and took the keys out of the car. We got out and went back to the trunk to haul in the groceries. I set down the groceries and unlocked and opened the door. I picked them back up and walked to the kitchen. I set them down on the counter and I saw evie do the same. She went to the living room walking around were the door is. I heard her shut it and I started putting up the stuff we bought. Eve came and started to try to help. She didn't quite know were every thing went. When we wer done I looked at the clock, it's around dinner time. "Well it's dinner time, what are we having tonight?" "What do you want to try first?" I had to think for a moment, I didn't now if I wanted chicken and dumplings or liver and onions. "Chicken and dumplings. Please" "thats fine with me, can you get the flour out for me? I'll go get some water" I went to the cabinet and got the flour, I turned around and saw eve was having a hard time getting a pot down. "I'll help you with that." I grabbed it and handed it to her. "Thank you, I'll need measuring cups too." She said going to the sink setting down the pot. I walked across the kitchen and opened a drower. I pulled out the measuring cups and tossed them to Eve. "Put three cups of flour and a cup of water in this bowl and mix it intell it gets too hard to mix. When it gets to that point tell me and I'll take care of it" and she walked over to the pot that held the chicken. "How many cups?" "Three cups of flour and a cup of water" she said over her shoulder. I opened the bag of flour and scooped a cup then poured it in the bowl. I did it two more times and then filled it up with water then poured that in too. I got out a big spoon and began to mix it. I looked over, I saw evie throwing in spices and humming. I recognized the tune and began to sing. "Well she looked at me and I could see that before too long I'd fall in love with her she wouldn't dance with another since I saw her standing their. Well my hart went boom when I crossed that room and I held her hand in mine" I heard evie start to sing with me, "Well we danced through the night and we heals each other tight and before too long I fell in love with her now I'll never dance with another since I saw her standing there" and we kept singing intell the song was over. It was over way too fast. "Um.. Eve I think it's done" "wait a minute. Alright I'm coming." She came over and put flour on her hands, "do you have a cutting board?" I nodded and walked to a cabinet and pulled it out, "here it is" "thank you" she sprinkled flour on the cutting board and she pulled the dough out of the bowl. She then started neading it. "John can you pass me a knife?" "If you promise not to kill me. I'm joking, I'll get you one." I walked across the kitchen and pulled out a knife from the knife drawer. I handed it over to Evie, "I'm just going to show you what to do, then you can do the rest" she presses out the dough and trims the border making it a square, " and just cut it like this to make the noodles" and she walked back over to the stove and continued to cook. I cut the noodles and as I did there was a uncomfortable silence. I started whistling, one of our songs I thought she would know. And she started singing like I hoped, "ive got everything that you want like a heart Thats oh so true just call on me and I'll send it along with love from me to you I got arms that long to hold you and keep you by my side I got lips that long to kiss you and keep you satisfied if there's enything that you want if there's enything I can do just call on me and I'll send it along with love from me to you" she stopped and focused on her cooking. "What do you want me to do with the noodles" "you can come over here and through them in with the chicken" I got the cutting board and brought it over there. "It smells really good its making me hungry" she smiled, "thank you John, it's my mother's recipe" I slid in the noodles and eve mixed it a little. She through in a few more spices and turned around to face me. "Well we got to wait a little before it's ready to eat, got any board games?" "I got marbles, you want to play?" "Yes please while we wait for them to cook. We're do you keep them?" "I'll get them" I went upstairs to my room and opened my closet. It wasn't the neatest so I had to move a few shirts here and there before I actually found it. I got it and brought it down stairs. "Ready?" "Of course I'm ready"