Chapter 34 - Sang

A/N: Even though I'm currently really busy, I felt like I should put out a chapter today 'cause it's my birthday and I love you all. And, honestly, your guys' love and support on this book--and my other ones--is probably the best gift I'll ever receive. So thank you guys so much for reading and commenting and voting; it really does mean the world to me to know that people love reading this book as much as I love writing it. Okay, now enough with the mushy-gushy stuff and on to the book 😊...

It's officially the most official thing ever: I'm dead meat. Even as I have my Sugar sitting next to me, holding my hand low and out of sight, rubbing the back of it comfortingly. Even as Mr. McCoy seems to look down at both of us from his desk before us, glowering with his hands folded and sat on his desktop in front of him. Luke and I are dead meat.

"Well, are you going to answer me or not? What was the meaning of you two kissing in my hallway? That kind of thing is most certainly not permitted in this school. Even if it does come from two of Blackbourne's students," he asks, voice dark and slightly gravelly in anger. But his eyes don't actually seem to leave me, even as he addresses the two of us. Like he expects me to answer.

And for once in my life, I'm glad I can't speak. Because, well, I wouldn't want to waste my breath on this man anyway.

"Actually, sir, we weren't kissing. You stopped us before we had the chance," Luke answers snarkily, making me want to snicker but I stop myself before it manages to leak out. He doesn't suppress his beautiful, cocky smirk though, only amplifying Mr. McCoy's anger. I can practically see the smoke coming out of his ears.

"Oh, do you think this is funny, Mr. Taylor? Do you find this situation to be some kind of joke?" McCoy sneers.

"Not the situation, no," Luke rebuttals, leaning back in his seat casually with his hand still clasped in mine, out of sight, and I'm unable to hold back the tiny snort at his insult. McCoy's leering gaze cuts back to me as a small smirk of his own climbs its way onto his face and curls itself up, as if taking up residence. I visibly shrink back into my seat and squeeze Luke's hand. He squeezes back.

"Oh, Miss Sorenson, was it? I saw you with Mr. Blackbourne earlier. Tell me, were you two conspiring?" he questions, as his eyes roam up and down my sitting figure.

In my confusion, I manage to shake my head back and forth rapidly, completely denying whatever he's going on about.

"Oh, too afraid to speak, are we? Do I make you uncomfortable?" His voices drops an octave lower, and I shiver in disgust. But I think he takes the shiver for something else, if him licking his lips means anything.

"Sorry if I offend, Mr. McCoy, but could you please get your eyes off of Sang before I make you. Pedophilia is illegal, you know." My head shoots over to where Luke sits, eyes wide at his bold statement. I would've never expected him to say something like that with so much confidence and venom at the same time. Especially not to an adult! But then again, I've known Luke for about a month, and I already know he--as well as the other nine boys I love--are fiercely protective of their family. And they've claimed I am on many occasions.

McCoy cuts the coldest glare I've ever seen over to my Sugar, so cold I almost shiver. But Luke appears less than affected by it. "What did you just say?" he growls at my handsome blonde boy, whom merely shrugs in response.

"You heard me. Oh, and hear this too. Mr. Blackbourne won't be happy if he finds that his "students" were questioned without his knowledge or consent. So I suggest you inform him we're here, or I'll find it in myself to grab Sang and waltz out of this lovely office of yours."