Doghouse

P'Dear's POV

Tutah: We lost bright seen him?

I chuckle when I read the message and look across the table.

"Just so you know," I smirk, "You have been declared lost."

"By who?" N'Bright asks.

"N'Tutah," I answer, setting my phone down.

"Figures," N'Bright sighs, "You are not going to tell them you found me?"

"Nope. Where is your phone anyway?" I question, "Shouldn't it be blowing up right about now?"

N'Bright grins and reaches in his back pocket, "Deader than dead," he smirks. "What to do?"

"Give me that," I grab the phone off the table and go plug it in. "You will just make your friends worry. They have enough on their plates already."

"And I don't?" N'Bright growls.

"Speaking of which," I shake my finger at him. "When did you start dating boys? I admit he is adorable, but I thought he was missing the prerequisite body parts for you."

"Prerequisite body parts?" N'Bright snorts, "You're funny."

"Answer him, nong," Win says, walking out from the bedroom, "I want to know the answer myself."

"You said it yourself. He is adorable.," N'Bright shrugs, "That guy knocked me on my ass one day in the mall. Then sent me for a loop at the confession booth and topped it off with frying my brain by kissing me at our booth. After that, I could only think about him. The thought of not dating Kammon makes me sad. I don't know. I am so confused."

"But you liking N'Kammon," I ask, "You are not confused about that?"

"No, I am pretty sure I like him," I shrug. "A lot."

"You didn't stand a chance," Win chuckles sitting down with his plate. "So is this you just being curious because your friends are dating guys and having some cutie conveniently show up? If it is, cut the kid loose. It will only hurt him."

"To say I am not curious would be a lie," N'Bright admits, "But it is not about dating a guy. It is about dating Kammon, who just happens to be a guy. It is seriously the fact that it is Kammon." He looks at us. "Does that make sense?"

"In a weird way," I shrug. "So, how serious are you about him?"

"More serious than when I was dating Ple," N'Bright declares.

I remember when those two dated. I think N'Ple was the only girl I had seen N'Bright try to date for more than just a moment. I believe they were together for almost a year. I always wondered if they would have lasted if N'Ple didn't go for that work-study program.

"Who is...," Win starts and trails off when N'Bright's phone starts getting notifications.

"Told you," I grin at N'Bright.

"Who should I answer first?" N'Bright asks, going over to his phone.

"Your choice," I smile.

Bright's POV

I look at the message notifications on my lock screen. I can see several are in the group text with my friends and a couple from Kammon.

"Who are they from?" Win asks, putting his plate and mine in the sink.

"The guys and Kammon," I answer, still debating who to message first. I shake my head. It is a given.

Dim Bulb: at pdears