Chapter One- Torn Apart

CHAPTER ONE

Two Years Later...

"Hunter!" Addison West protested, laughing.

Hunter Larason stood stomach-deep in the clear ocean water, Addison in his arms. Hunter's sun-streaked blonde hair spilled across his forehead, his perfectly toned abs glistened with drops of water. He wore simple blue swim trunks. He smiled down at Addison, taking in her curls of chocolate brown hair, pulled into a ponytail, her thick side bang tucked behind her ear. A black halter-top bikini covered her chest, a single white flower on the left breast. Her huge blue eyes were breath taking.

"No!” She squealed, too late. Hunter lifted Addison high into the air, stepped back, held her out in front of him, and dropped her. Her scream was cut off as her head plunged under the water. She kicked her feet and flailed her arms. She burst out of the water, coughing. Hunter looked at her and burst into a fit of laughter at the expression on her face.

Suddenly, she pounced. She threw herself at him, knocking him over and into the water. Hunter gripped her waist just as he hit the water, and pulled her down with him. Addison stood up, laughing. Hunter got to his feet, laughing too. He pulled her into his arms and knocked her feet from under her. Addison gasped as she fell back into Hunter's arms. He lifted her up and kissed her.

Addison was, for now, content. She didn't want to go home to her father.

All at once, the reason she and Hunter had to drive separately to meet came flooding back to her mind.

Hunter was the son of famous airline owner, Joseph Larason. She was the daughter of another famous airline owner, Bruce West. Being two airline owners, they had been in competition since Addison and Hunter were twelve. In the seventh grade, Hunter and Addison had started dating. Their parents had been thrilled; they figured that if their children’s' relationship lasted; they could have a merger in the future. Addison had never been as happy, until ninth grade. Joseph and Bruce had gotten into a fight, a huge fight over nothing but popularity. They forbade that their children see each other ever again. Of course, Addison had snuck out and lied to see Hunter. Now, as far as their parents knew, they hadn't seen each other since freshman year, two years ago. And so, they drove separate cars to meet, their parents had no clue what was going on.

Now, as Addison waved goodbye to Hunter and drove off in her pale blue Porsche, a towel wrapped around her waist, she sniffed hard and choked back tears. It was just so frustrating!

Addison sighed, and pulled into the narrow driveway, stopping in front of a steel gate. The gate surrounded every inch of the West property. Perfectly cut shrubbery covered the perimeter of the house, stopping at the doorway. A large garden, kept by maids, had bloomed, with pale pastel colors decorating the yard. The house was a whole other matter. It was a doublewide mansion, complete with elevators and never ending hallways. Inside the house, from the control room, the security guards looked at the cameras. They saw that it was Addison in the car, and opened the gates.

Addison slid the car into the 10-car garage, stepped out of it, and started toward the house. Two guards stood, motionless, in front of the door, one on each side. They both wore black suits, sunglasses, and had communication devices in their ears. As Addison approached them, William, who stood on the left, nodded to her. Harris, who stood on the right, smiled, nodded and opened the door for her. The moment she stepped inside, Beth, her personal "nanny slash servant", as her father liked to call her, rushed up to Addison, already talking. Her long black hair was pulled into a clip and her black stilettos clicked against the floor. Addison sighed as her twenty four year old nanny began talking.

"Addison, your back, good, good, this is good, we have lots to do..."

Addison dumped her backpack on the floor, and she walked down the hallway, Beth trailing behind her.