Away we go. (Avengers Fan Fiction)

*Banner and trailer made by Loki_is_adopted* *UPDATE (4/5/16) Youtube says that the video no longer exists! Sorry everyone!*

"What could you possibly want now? Our souls?" Tony exclaimed, waltzing into S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. Black Widow and Hawkeye already sat at the table, talking something over in hushed voices. They paid Mr. Stark, nor his humorous comment, any mind.

Captain America stood away from the two assassins, leaning against one of the tinted windows. As Tony took a seat at the impromptu table that had been set up, the Captain gave him a nod of acknowledgement.

"Do you know why we're here?" the Captain asked, looking around the small metal conference room.

"Nope. I got an 'urgent message' from Nick, saying I was needed," Tony said, shrugging, "but now I'm feeling significantly less special," he continued, waving a hand at the rest of the group.

"Well, that's a shame Mr. Stark, but we don't have time for you self esteem issues," Nick Fury announced, as he made his entrance, followed by Thor who looked none too pleased to be back on Earth.

"What's going on, Fury?" Black Widow inquired, stopping in the midst of her conversation.

Nick crossed his arms over his chest, and took a deep breath. "We have a new recruit."

There was silence for a few moments, before all hell broke loose.

"Who is it?"

"Where are they?"

"You called us down here for that!?"

"Why should we care?"

"Why did we need to know?"

"Yet again, for that!? It was seriously that urgent?!"

"Enough!" Nick barked, and the room quieted off into small grumbles of complaint and the occasional huff of annoyance.

"We called you down here to deal with her," he said, producing a small electronic device from his pocket. He set it down onto the table, fumbled with it for a minute, spewed out some R rated words, before finally getting a video screen to materialize in the air– almost like a hologram.

"This was a video transmission from one of our many strategically placed cameras. It was in the West Andes mountain range. Most of the footage had been destroyed, and it's definitely not in HD, but I want to give you an idea of what you'll be dealing with," he stated, and with that, he dimmed the lights and hit play.

At first, nothing happened. There was just some snow drifting by, and a view of a relatively flat plain of rock.

Out of nowhere a figure in black, definitely a man, lands hard onto the ground, the automatic rifle in his hand firing chaotically at something outside their range of vision. The snow begins to swirl, the wind gusts liken to those in a blizzard.

It's hard to see what happens next, but everyone is pretty sure the figure in black makes his way to his feet, swaying to and fro, before being tackled back down by a blur of brown and beige. The rifle fires again just as the blizzard cuts out, like somebody had pulled an off switch. The figure in black makes his way back on screen, breathing heavily and lowers his weapon to point it at the ground.

Apparently, that was a mistake.

A shard of ice lodges itself within his skull, and the man falls, the sound muted by the now reddened snow.

A loud crunching was heard before the camera is rooted up from its spot and hurled off the mountain side.

Fury paused it in its descent.

It had turned just enough to allow a clear shot, though distanced, of the other figure dressed in beige and brown, staring up at the clouds. A scarf was wrapped loosely around its head, the rest billowing in the wind, probably having been unraveled during the scuffle. It was most likely used to cover their face when the wind picked up.

The pants looked to be made out of burlap, and the shirt, out of a torn and muddied cotton– not exactly the attire you'd see for someone living on a mountain.

Nick zoomed in as far as the camera was able to reveal a very blurry picture of a young woman. He snapped his finger and the lights came on and the screen disappeared, causing everyone to shield their eyes against the glare.

"We intercepted the woman a few hours later and quickly apprehended her, though not without some trouble. The body of the man was nowhere to be found. We've come to the conclusion that she'd disposed of it," he informed them, placing his hands on the table. "She woke up a few hours ago, and we haven't been able to get an ounce of information out of her."

"Why do you need us? She looked like any other assassin to me," Hawkeye said, fiddling with his watch.

"That's what we initially thought, but after she lifted the water from a cup without touching it, we quickly dismissed that assumption," he said.

"So, you need an interrogator?" Natasha asked, cracking her knuckles.

Fury chuckled.

"That we do, Ms. Romanof. That we do."