part sixteen - memories.

(okay so before I think I said it had only been a couple weeks since they'd met but let's make it about six months just so this chapter can make a little more sense.)

Benji's pov

I'm sitting in my car, not going anywhere, just crying hysterically in the hospital parking lot. Anyone who saw me must think I lost everything in that building, but honestly that's kinda what I feel like too.

All of our memories flash through my head like a movie. The first time we met, the first day he moved here. I saw that a new family across the street had moved in, but I just assumed it was some old couple, so I didn't pay much attention, until I saw this beautiful boy walking out of the front door. I smile, remembering how flustered he was when I walked up to him and start a conversation. It was like he couldn't even look me in the eye without turning bright red.

Then I remember our first official date. It was on the hillside, we've had many there. It was also the day I asked him to be my boyfriend. We were all cuddled up in the blankets. The smile on my face grows, thinking of how amazing he looked that night, of how amazing he looks every day.

I then remember when I took him to the fair. How excited he was to go on the Ferris wheel. It was adorable. He was literally like a kid in Disneyland, running around a pointing at everything he saw.

Once we went on an early-morning walk, at 2 a.m. We just walked, hand in hand, no place to be. He got cold midway through and even though I repeatedly told him to grab a jacket, he didn't, so I gave him my hoodie. It was big on me so it was huge on him. But he was still adorable, nonetheless. I can just see him hugging himself after putting on the hoodie, getting even more cozy.

I remember the time where we were just laying in my bed and he was trying to tell me about something that he saw on his phone, but he could barely get one word out before dying in laughter. It was the roll in circles, bang on the floor type of laugh and I just kinda stared at him like he was crazy. When he saw that, he laughed even harder if that was possible. I started to laugh too and by the time we were done, we both had tears spilling out of our eyes.

I can remember all of our "i love you's" and all of our kisses. Especially one kiss where we were lying in his bed, he was on top of me. We weren't doing anything, or planning on doing anything, besides making out, but it probably looked bad when his little sister came running into the room. When she saw us, she quickly shielded her eyes and ran out at full speed. We both looked at where she was standing, then at each other. It ended with us dying of laughter, once again.

We had so many good memories, but some bad ones too, which pretty much just come along with our story. Like how I pretty much cheated on him because I didn't think I liked boys. I can still see the look on his face, I broke my heart.

I also remember some of our small arguments that turned heated, but mostly just ended with "I'm sorry" cuddles or kisses.

Then the fight that led to all of this. It's all my fault. I should've told him the truth instead of just yelling at him like he was worthless. He deserves more than that, but I didn't give him more than that. I should've told him how my dad found out and that we just needed to stop hanging out until I got him out of my life, which will hopefully be soon.

Soon the memories stop. And so does my crying. I can't just let jorge go. I will fight to get his memory back. But even if that doesn't help, I'll make him fall in love with me all over again. He's my world, and I can't let him slip away so easily.

I get out of my car, and make a determined walk all the way back to his room. I stand in the doorway.

"Jorge. I'm here, and I'm not leaving." I say sternly, getting a few looks from the doctors but not even caring.

"B-benj-" He says before his eyes start to roll into the back of his head and his arms start to curl up. He's shaking a little, all of his muscles look so tense.

"Damnit he's having a stroke! It must be his brain. Page neuro now! And tell the O.R. that we're on our way." One of the doctors from beside him yells, pulling up the bar on the side of his bed and wheeling him out of the room before anyone can say anything.

I stand there, what just happened not even hitting me. He could die in there! And I didn't even get to tell him how much a love him because even if he doesn't remember, I do. And I know how much we mean to each other.

Hey guys! So it's the end of the chapter haha. Also next chapter is gonna be happier. I'm also trying to update the other story but like I don't have WiFi and for some reason this story will load but the other won't. Either way itll be up later today. I also might just write next chapter right after this one but I might not post it until later. Idk. Anyways, love you guys!