Why can't anything be simple? Chapter 3

Thanks for reading guys.

feel free to comment or feed back :D

xoxo

3. AWKWARD MUCH?

"So, what have you guys been doing?" Mitch sat down.

"Dave was teaching me some chords on the guitar," I replied.

"Anyway, let's just start choosing some songs shall we?" Dave said quickly.

I went and sat in between them both and we started choosing some songs. I felt a little awkward once again. It seemed as if ever since Mitch came, Dave had quietened and he doesn't seem as enthusiastic as he was before.

Dave suddenly got up, "I'd best be off, it's getting late and mum wants me home before 7pm," and with that he started packing his guitar.

"Well, thanks for teaching me those chords, maybe you can teach me an actual song or something next time," I said with a smile.

He still seemed a little grumpy, but then he smiled and said, "Yeah, sure. Anyway, see you tomorrow," and then he left.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Mitch asked.

"Well we could watch a movie." We walked inside and I put some comedy on and we sat on the couch. I think at some point I must've dosed off 'cause Mitch was shaking me, telling me to get up. I opened my eyes and to my horror I also noticed that I had drooled a bit on his shoulder.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry!" He just started laughing.

"You do know you snore," and he started laughing, "Do you know how funny it is watching you sleep?"

"So embarrassing, and now you've got drool all over your shoulder, I'm sorry," so embarrassing.

"That's alright Ear. I'd better get going, we've got school tomorrow," he said.

"Want me to walk you home?" I asked. I usually did.

Once I got back home after walking with him, I went upstairs to start my homework. With so much going on, I forgot all about it.

It was a long night. I barely got any homework done, there is just so much going through my brain. I have to admit, I also felt a little bad about last night. I think we left Dave out a little bit. I don't know why, I just, it got too awkward. If you haven't noticed, I don't really enjoy awkward moments.

I got to school on time for once.

"Wow, she's early for once!" yelled Nick as soon as he saw me.

By lunch I was ready to collapse and fall asleep on the spot. I only had a couple of classes with April today, so I couldn't really talk to her.

"Hey Mia, want to go for a walk?" it was April. Speak of the devil.

"That's what I was just about to ask you," we left and started walking around some of the portables.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" she asked me.

"Well, it was a pretty long night," and so I explained what happened.

"He had the patience to teach you some guitar?!" April already knew about my little crush on Dave that I had ages ago.

"But I don't know, I mean he went all quiet afterwards, he barely said bye."

"Hmm, I don't know what to say. Boys are a real mystery," I laughed.

We got back to our normal spot, where everyone was sitting.

"So you guys remember we have a practice tonight at Ella's," I just want to grab Nick and slap him. I am so frickin tired, and it's not even funny.

"How could we forget," groaned Mitch.

We walked to Ella's place straight after school and went to her garage to set up.

"I'll go get some drinks," Well what else could Mitch do? All he did at rehearsals was tell us if we were good or not and help pick songs.

"Hey Mia, have you been practicing those chords at all?" asked Dave and laughed. He know I had no guitar to practice with, "Or did you just forget everything?"

"She probably forgot," said Mitch walking in with drinks.

"Well, I would practice, but as you know, I have no guitar."

"If you want I could lend you a guitar, it won't be that good, but at least you can work on like basics," he smiled.

"Oh my god that would be awesome," and with that I ran and gave him a hug. I think that was a pretty long hug though. Once we pulled away, there was that awkward moment again, where we just sort of looked at each other. We realised everyone was looking at us.

"Okaaay. So are we actually going to practice or not?" exhaled Nick.

We got through a few practices, and then once we packed up Dave came up to me.

"Do you mind if we walk home together? You know, it's a little dark and I can get a bit scared."

I gave him a bit of a strange look.

"Joking, joking," and he laughed.

"Yeh, sure. Wait a minute; I'll just have to let Mitch know."

"Mitch, do you mind if I walk home with Dave tonight?" Mitch and I practically always walked home together since we lived so close.

"Nuh, that's fine I guess," he looked very tired. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me weakly. Then I gave him a hug and walked back to Dave.

"Ready?" asked Dave.

I felt so weird walking home with him and it wasn't exactly because it felt awkward, just the fact that I'd only ever walked home with Mitch.

"So, um, did you want me to help you out with some of those chords I taught you?" he asked.

"Yer, that'd be great. Maybe during lunch or a weekend or something, thanks." I said smiling at him. He smiled back.

"Awesome and I'll bring you my guitar tomorrow."

"Thank you heaps again. Well this is my stop."

"Are you busy this Saturday by any chance?" those words came out of his mouth so quickly; it was hard for me to believe them.

"What did you have in mind?"