The Blue Spirit

"I love you, (Y/N)"

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought you trusted me."

"I love you, (Y/N)"

"I thought you might want some company."

"I love you, (Y/N)"

"(Y/N)? Promise me you'll stand with me?"

"I love you, (Y/N)"

My mind raced with thoughts of Zuko.

We've had few encounters with him since that day. We had a run-in with him and Zhao on the Winter Solstice, but that was all really a blur. I'd really just become a vegetable. I didn't fight. I didn't eat. I didn't sleep. I barely even moved.

I missed so much. Aang had been to the spirit world, and started learning to water bend. Katara's getting good at water bending. Sokka... Well, I don't think I missed much there.

Either way, I've been sitting around like a potato, and I wanted to do something useful. I was tired of having absolutely no role to play. So currently, it's the morning after this huge storm, and we were at the ruins of Taku. Seeing as though Sokka was out in the storm, he was clearly ill. He was wrapped in a sleeping bag and laying on Appa. He started to hysterically cough. Katara walked up to him and placed a warm cloth on his forehead, "this should bring your fever down."

Sokka smiled, "You know what I love about Appa the most?" He slurred his words together, "his sense of humor,"

Appa groaned, Sokka giggled "classic Appa,"

I slid off the bison and yawned. "He needs some serious help."

"(Y/N)? You're still alive?" Katara asked me.

"Haha very funny can't believe I forgot to laugh," I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Katara returned my smile, "glad to see you're doing better,"

"me too."

Aang flew into where we were on his glider, "I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I did find some maps. There's a herbalist institute at the top of that mountain. I'm sure they have a cure for Sokka there,"

"Uh Aang, have you seen the guy? There's no way he's going to get up and travel," I said, Katara nodded in agreement.

"Woah- (Y/N), you're alive? Haven't heard you speak in forever," Aang said, and Katara laughed.

"I hate you," I looked at Katara, "both of you,"

"Awwww don't be like that," Katara said

I smiled, then Katara started coughing. I took a step back.

"Don't worry about it it's just a co-" She started coughing again.

"Uh-uh that's how Sokka started yesterday, now look at him! He thinks he's an air bender!" Aang said. I looked at Sokka who was waving his hands around, "take that you rOCK." I shuddered. They really are crazy.

"(Y/N) and I are going to go to the herbalist institute to try and get you guys a cure." I nodded, I mean it's more than I've done in a while so, I was ok with it.

Aang took off, using his air bending as an extra boost. I watched as he left a trail of wind. I sighed. "You have got to be kidding me" I muttered to myself. Then I started running, keeping my hands behind me and lighting a fire. It made me faster, but not nearly as fast as Aang.

***

I finally got there, at least 10 minutes after Aang, completely out of breath.