Bad For Business by @Chillytv

"You do look stunning. Good thing too," Miki said with a nod toward their table.

Necatia noticed a new and impressive face sitting among her friends. The close haircut showed off a nice square jawline and a well-kept smile.

She caught herself staring at his full lips before they dropped to the rest of him. Was his suit hiding a beefy physique or just a lazy playboy?

"Who's the new meat?"

"Potential."

"Everybody, Necatia has arrived. Make room," Mikki said sitting down next to her husband.

Roy and his brother Mac never waited for anyone and were already stuffing their faces with fish and chips. The only available seat was next to the man with 'potential.'

"I don't think we've met. I'm Necatia," she said extending a hand.

He took it, then spoke.

"I'm Caden. It's a pleasure to meet you."

His voice and handshake tickled her insides.

Caden turned out to be more than potential. The weeks that followed were some of the most fun-filled nights of her life. They did everything two lovers could do in the city and more.

Everyone she knew liked him, even her father, who didn't hide his fascination with Caden. He insisted, however, that he have a proper test before his induction onto their team.

The morning of her next mission, Necatia struggled to keep her focus on the spec notes her father had sent while Caden sat across the table rubbing his thumb over her left palm.

"How much of your father's business are you involved in?"

He'd asked her a similar question before but she'd been able to evade it. This time the intensity of his stare told her Caden wouldn't be brushed off.

"My father's business is his own. I make it mine to stay out of his way."

It was the truth, but not all of it. Caden nodded though his sober expression remained as he watched her for any tells. She had none. Her father insisted they keep her involvement secret until he'd been fully vetted.

Caden's phone rang breaking his stare and a glance at the screen told her it was an unknown number.

"Sorry, Lovely, I've got to run. See you later on tonight?"

"Yes, I might be late, will you wait?"

He leaned down and kissed her hard on the lips.

"I'll wait."

It should have been an easy job, but it seemed plagued from the beginning. When the alarm sounded halfway between her grab of the diamonds and her bag, she wasn't surprised just frustrated.

The guards would arrive in exactly three minutes. They'd see her rigging and follow her to the roof. Instead of trying to make a run for it she climbed inside of the coat closet nearest the door.

She heard the guards race into the room and note the missing diamonds. The rigging hanging from the ceiling made it appear she'd abandoned it on her way out.

Their boots hurried out and the heavy footfalls ascended the stairs. Her improvised misdirection had worked. She crept out of the closet and back into the foyer without making a sound.

The shock of the non-lethal stunning the middle of her back radiated through her body dropping her to her knees. Her teeth chattering as she fell face down on the floor.