TD - Chapter Two: Move Out of the Way

CHAPTER TWO: Move out of the way.

Talia Cambridge

My alarm clock buzzed at exactly six thirty, it was enough time for me to take a shower, get ready, eat breakfast, and wait for those two. I woke up with Winchester breathing on my nose. Winchester was my Siamese cat. She was what Cleopatra had, and I must want what a queen has. I sneezed just because it was too close. I smacked my already buzzing clock to make it stop.

My outfit was shining proudly on my mannequin, which was custom made just for me. It wasn’t full-out expensive, but I loved it. It was a gray boyfriend blazer from Topshop, a plain white loose tank from JC de Castelbajac, black leather high-waist shorts from Maje, topped off with my nude heels from Vienna I got a month ago. I loved how it was simple, but I could fool around with the accessories.

I took my shower and slipped onto my outfit. It was fit for school, but I was still comfortable around it. I put some accessories, and my most favourite article of jewellery which was my pearl earrings from Tiffanies. I was fine, fresh, and fierce as Katy Perry would so annoyingly say it over and over again.

My sister Adrianne came into the room. She was a year younger than me and a foot shorter too. She was a late bloomer. Her boobs never came, her black hair came from Dad, hey legs were too skinny, but I had to love her anyway. She rolled her eyes at me. “What?” I asked curious as what she has say this time.

“This is high school, not a fashion show. You wear what you feel like wearing with pride and nobody will care.” She explained with dignity.

“Oh honey, with what you’re wearing, people will care and you’ll lose your pride.” I tapped her little head and she shoved out of the way. She was cussing under her breath while I laughed like a little maniac. My sister was always going to have to look up to me. I was smarter and clearly prettier, while she was not that attractive, and she gets D’s, now if only that was her bra size.

I went downstairs to eat my breakfast. It was created by Antonio, he was a helper chef that helped Gordon Ramsay in one of his shows and of course my Mother got him because he worked in one of the hotels. It was a full English breakfast which consisted of bacon, eggs, and my favourite, French pancakes. It had blueberries on them which made them even more delicious. I ate it and it filled my stomach right away, it’s not like it was going anywhere, I have a fast metabolism.

“Good morning Talia,” I was greeted by Sean, Natalie’s driver. He was pretty cute and we all knew he had a crush on Sam. He was a college drop out in search for a job and then came the Cross family saving his life. He’s been working for them for 2 years now. He had a clean-cut hair which made him look neat and you wouldn’t know if he dressed well because he always wore the driver’s suit and we never see him outside of his job.

“Good morning to you too, I’ll be out in a jiff, I’ll just grab my bag and I’ll be on the way. It’ll be much obliged if you waited outside.” I didn’t want him staying in here long or my parent’s would be suspicious that I was dating him. They jump to conclusions a lot. I was not allowed to date a commoner; it’s either someone in my class or above my class. I hope he didn’t see me as bitchy. He followed my command and left in an orderly fashion without saying a word. You got to have some people who hate you if you want to move on in life.

I locked the door and walked over to the driveway. I looked at the black, sleek Mercedes Benz that was parked in front of my house. It had such shiny rims you could see your reflection. Sean opened the door for me and I hopped in gracefully. “Since when did you get this ride?” I asked still adoring that there was a mini-fridge on the side and a small TV on the back of the driver seat.

“Since I had a Father who can bribe me with stuff I don’t give a crap about.” She grinned while she drank her hot mocha latte. It was her daily routine in order to wake up. Natalie looked amazing, it wasn’t her usual edgy look, but clean and sophisticated and she looked fantastic. She was wearing a black body suit from Topshop, nude high-waist shorts, and some pair of black strappy shoes from a new shop called Step.

“Loving the outfit, on the hot scale, I’d give you about molten lava hot.” Samantha added. Natalie and I both looked at each other and exploded in laughter.

“I actually like the idea of us rating our outfits, you know to get through the day without people laughing at us? We can help each other out just in case there would be a wardrobe malfunction, or we’ll end up being girls who try too much.” I explained. Sam was nodding along and Natalie’s eyebrow was arched in confusion.

“Whatever helps you guys to get through the day.” She said. She sipped her latte.

“5 diamonds for you Natalie,” I said. They all looked in confusion. A true leader would always be ahead of others and would always create the new buzz. “You rate each other using diamonds. It’ll be out of 5 because we all know that too many diamonds are from,”

“Girls who either stole it, or slept for it,” They both said unenthused. Nobody should overuse diamonds because, come on, too much makes you look like that’s all you have or you stole it or something.

“5 for you too Sammy, I love the whole blazer faze, see mine?” we both giggled. She was wearing a pink blazer from Yull, a lace blouse from Zara, and floral shorts from Bershka. She pulled her whole Barbie attire. Her blue eyes shined, she was drinking her mocha latte too. I didn’t drink caffeine because of my fear of getting shorter. I was a superstitious girl, blame my father.

“We’re here ladies,” the moment Shaun said that all of our heads perked up and we looked at each other. We all looked nervous and regretful, but we knew we owned the school. Shaun opened the door and out came Sam, out came Natalie, and I left last shutting the door with such intensity. Everybody’s eyes were on us, they waved while we ignored each and every one of them.

We had to meet at the Centre were we were supposed to sign up and get our schedules. Our strides were long, our chins were high, our lattes, well their lattes were on their sides, and we just looked like we stepped out off the runway. The Centre was crowded with kids, everybody stepped out of the way though, even the seniors. Were we that superior now? We heard the whispers, but promised ourselves to be above the gossip and live within the gossip.

Natalie was the first to go up and everybody stepped aside. She took hers and looked around like she didn’t know what was happening. Sam took hers and I took mine. We all walked out of the heat and went outside. There was the bench by the fountain where we all sat at the last day and crowned our spot. “What are your classes?” I asked. I hoped we had some classes together.

“This semester I have Biology, Socials, Dance, and English.” Samantha explained.

“I have Biology, English, Physics, and Chemistry.” My semester was going to be extra hard. I had all the academics, well it’s not like I took an easy elective either like Sam, plus I still had student government to worry about. “What about you Nat?”

“Math, Art, Physics, and English, at least we have classes with each other if not together.” We all hugged each other. Nat smelled odd though, rather rusty. I knew the smell, but I couldn’t think of what it was.

“You smell funny.” I stated.

“Well, we were in a room full of mongrels who probably don’t even know what a shower is.” That was true, but it was still pretty suspicious. I decided not to think about it too much.

Samantha nudged me while she was looking at what seemed like a group of boys heading our direction. They looked amazingly beautiful. They looked proper, they looked like us. I nudged Natalie and she was looking as well, but I knew her, she kept it cool, but I saw her smile. As they headed closer my heart started beating faster and faster. “Ladies, get ready, we’re heading into disaster.” I said and we all held hands preparing for the boys who are officially in our lives.