Chapter 21

Yenon sat in the backseat of the car, as Chris speeds out of the alley way and headed to the hospital. Everyone was yelling at each other. But, it was just white noise to her. She had Jisung's head in her lap, with his blood all over her hands. She was shaking. She was scared into silence. She couldn't believe she just watched one of her friends get shot. Somebody suddenly poked her cheek. She blinks a few times and looks down. She was greeted with Jisung's wide and goofy smile. "Jisung...?" She mumbles quietly. "Hi Yenon!" He smiles softly. She sat there for a second, before it hit her. That's when she saw the blood on his shoulder, not his chest.

"YOU IDIOT!?" Yenon suddenly screamed. Chris slammed on the breaks at her words. Everyone looked at her, seeing that Jisung was sitting up. He grunts. "That hurt. Good thing I'm somewhat used to it." He laughed softly. Everyone stared at him. Yenon starts hitting Jisung on the arm. "Ow ow ow!" He whines and held his arm. "You idiot! I hate you! I can't believe you did that! I thought you were dead!" She screams and stops hitting him. Jisung huffs and rubs his arm. "I had to put on a show, to get them to leave. And it worked. For now." He grumbles.

That's when everyone else started yelling at him. Yenon suddenly felt nauseous from being so angry. "Oh my God." She mumbles as it rushes to her head. "I need to get out. I'm going to be sick." She says. Seungmin widens his eyes and quickly opens the door, so she can. Yenon climbs out of the car and goes into an alleyway next to them. "Oh God." She moans and holds the wall. She bends down, holding her middle. She breathes heavily, while gasping. Her head was spinning and she felt dizzy. That's when she finally got sick. She coughs when she's done. She slowly straightens up some and whimpers. She couldn't believe this was happening. She wasn't sure what made her get sick. The fact that she watched Jisung get shot, the fact his blood is all over her, the fact he ended up being alive, or the fact of how angry how she was for him lying. Or maybe it was because she was just now realizing just how dangerous it was, being around them. Or maybe it was all of those things mixed together.

Yenon goes back to the car. She could still hear everyone yelling at Jisung, and him yelling back. She stops and sighs, holding her head. She felt really bad. "All of you shut up!" Jeongin yells. She looks up, seeing him get out of the car. He goes to Yenon and helps her get in. She sits down slowly and he sits beside her. He shuts the door. "Just go to her place." He says to Chris. His leader didn't question it and starts the car again. He drives to her place. Seungmin looks at Jeongin, a bit surprised at the younger's behavior. He watches Jeongin put an arm around her and put his hand on her forehead. She felt cold and she looked really pale. Seungmin and Woojin look at each other.

What happened to Jeongin hating and disliking her? What caused his attitude towards her to change?

Chris had driven to Yenon's house, to drop her off. She got out with the help of Jeongin. "Are you sure you'll feel okay? You don't want us to stay with you?" Woojin asks her, concerned. "No, I'm okay. My parents are home. I'll just get some rest. I'll be fine. I'll just message you guys." Yenon gives an assuring smile. Woojin nods, smiling. "I'll see you guys later. And Jisung, next time don't scare us like that. The next time you do it, will be the last time. I'll kill you for real the next time you try." Yenon says, glaring at the younger. Jisung laughs at her words, before seeing the serious look on her face. "W-wait. You're serious. Guys you wouldn't let her do that, right?" He asks, looking to his friends. All he got was scattered laughter. Yenon stepped away from the van. "Hey! Hey, don't laugh! You won't let her do that to me, will you?" Jisung yells loudly. "Of course not! We'll keep you safe." Seungmin laughs, patting his arm. "Nah, we'll let her kill you and watch it happen." Minho laughs, as Jeongin rolls his eyes and closes the van door. Yenon smiles, watching the van pull away. She chuckles softly. She was actually happy to be around them again. Despite knowing who they were, and what they were capable of.

Yenon turns and walks into the flower shop. "Hello, sweetie." Her mom greets her from behind the counter. "Hey mom." She smiles brightly. "Who were those boys? Were those friends of yours?" Her mom asks, smiling as she counts the money from the register. Yenon watches her mom. "Yeah. I met them the other day. I go to school with a few of them. They're all so sweet." She explains. "That's good. I'd love to meet them. How about you invite them over for dinner tonight? I'm sure your dad would enjoy meeting them as well." Mom smiles brightly. "Mom. There's nine boys. Are you sure you want to invite them?" Yenon asks, raising an eyebrow. "Of course! Our apartment is big enough. We have enough room. Go ahead and invite them." She chuckles. "Alright then. I'll go upstairs, take a shower and message them." Yenon smiles. "Alright, honey." Yenon waves to her mom and goes upstairs to their apartment.