Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The scent of flowers is the first thing I notice when I open my eyes again. I'm not sure how long I was asleep for, but by the time I wake up, my head is groggy and I can't focus on anything.

"It seems you are finally awake," a voice says.

I look to my left and see that Alkandros is sitting on the edge of my bed. He is wearing the same outfit, minus the arrows and horse.

"Yeah I guess I am, how long have I been sleeping?" I ask, rubbing my head.

"Only a couple of hours." He says, twisting the sheets between his thumb and forefinger.

"Oh, well, that's good. Thank god," I say sitting up and leaning back against the headboard.

He looks at me for a few seconds, then gets up, and walks over to the door.

"I am going to fetch you some food, so just stay where you are and I will be back," he says quickly.

He walks out of the room and quietly closes the door. I watch him when he walks and I must say the backside is as beautiful as the front. God, he can't be human! I decide to get up and walk around the room. The room is big enough to fit two rooms of my house. The Persian rugs are exquisite and the amount of plants the room has is amazing. I go over to one of the plants and sniff the flowers. They have a sweet smell. I walk over to the window and look out. The view is absolutely spectacular. My window faces the sea or ocean and I can see the entire town. I see people walking around, children playing games, and men trying to court young ladies. I smile at this.

"The view is spectacular is it not?" Alkandros says from behind.

I turn around and he is holding a huge plate of food. There are fruits, meats, and cheeses on this one plate. My mouth starts to water and I realize how hungry I am. I walk over and sit on the edge of the bed. He sits next to me and holds the plate out. I take some cheese and fruit. I eat in silence not really knowing what to do or say. I glance at him ad he is looking at the food very intently.

"So um, where exactly are we?" I ask, trying to make polite conversation.

Without taking his eyes off the food he says, "We are in the palace and right now you are in the guest bedroom. In a couple of moments we are to go to the throne room so that my father and mother can see you. They are very curious and have some questions for you."

"Ah, I see. So who exactly are your parents?"

"My father is King of the Spartans Aetos and his queen, my mother Alastrina. I am the crowned prince." He says, smiling a little.

Great. I am going to meet the king and queen on my first day here. Just terrific. I sigh and continue to eat my cheese and fruit, until we are summoned.