05

"Thriving on chaos."
____________________________________________________

Alivia skipped into the dining room of Beth's home where the three women were sitting waiting for her.

She raised a brow at the random gift box placed on the table in front of them as she sat down, "what's this genius plan I've been hearing about then?"

Alivia stared at her friends incredulously as they informed her of the collectibles they had stumbled upon while trying to ransom Boomer, who was still tied up in Beth's treehouse.

She simply stared at them for a few moments before exclaiming, "You can't be serious."

They all furrowed their brows at her reaction. "Why not?" Ruby wondered.

"I mean, Hans here went for over eight g's!" Annie added excitedly, opening the box and showing off the small figurine.

Alivia bit the inside of her cheek before sighing, "We can't just give a bunch of dolls to a gang leader and tell him to sell them."

"We don't have a choice, Liv," Beth told her softly.

"And they're not dolls, they're collectibles" Alivia rolled her eyes at the attitude bleeding from Annie's voice.

"They're dolls and he's going to kill us before we even have the chance to speak," As Alivia finished her sentence, the back door creaked open causing her to groan.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic!" Annie scoffed, rolling her eyes.

The four women looked up as the three men came into view. Alivia's leg started to bounce frantically as her eyes met his.

She realized she didn't even know his name.

Ruby pushed the duffel bag with the money across the table, where the two other men grabbed it and quickly began counting it. The man with the throat tattoo simply watched them as he waited.

A few moments later one of his men turned around and shook his head lightly, which caused him to exhale loudly, "You're short."

"No, we're not," Annie beamed with the biggest grin on her face.

"Yeah, you are."

"Actually, we're over."

Alivia leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest, and her eyes glared into Annie. "Don't do it."

His head tilted slightly to the side, glancing between them curiously, "Don't do what?"

Alivia sighed as Annie picked up the lid of the gift box in front of her and began telling him about the collectibles. About how rare they were and how they were worth a lot.

About how they'd opened accounts on eBay and handed him a piece of paper with usernames and passwords.

Alivia watched as the man placed his elbows on the table and rested his chin on the palm of his hand, his fingers covering his mouth slightly.

"You want me to sell your dolls?" He mumbled.

"Tell him about Hans," Beth interjected.