5. tinkering with tools (ain't child's play)

note: um long time hehe. for those of you reading this book, i love yall and thank you so much for taking the time. enjoy reading, and do leave your thoughts. i read all the comments. <3

______________

It was a Tuesday evening and Jimin was absolutely exhausted. He had attended several meetings from the morning, without having breaks for breakfast or lunch, and now he had completely lost his appetite. Dahyun placed a steaming cup of coffee in front of him as he loosened his tie and plopped onto the couch. His head hurt from lack of sleep and he massaged his forehead with two fingers, squeezing his eyes shut in exhaustion.

"Have dinner and go to sleep," Dahyun spoke, pulling out a few takeaway menus of different restaurants. "Are you in the mood for some pizza? I'll order it for you."

"Not hungry," Jimin murmured, shifting horizontally to lay down on the couch. "My head hurts so bad."

Dahyun frowned, rummaging through his medicine cabinet for some painkillers. She took an ibuprofen pill and filled a glass with water, walking over to him. "Here," she said, handing him the pill and the glass. She watched silently as Jimin put the tablet in his mouth and swallowed it with water, gulping down the remaining water in the glass. "Have you been sleeping well?"

"I'm trying," Jimin groaned, sitting up briefly to remove his suit jacket and drape it over the couch before he laid down again. "I'm trying but I keep waking up and then I can't go back to sleep."

Dahyun knew of his panic attacks, which almost always seemed to disturb his sleep, and she felt her heart hurt at his words. "Have you tried the sleeping pills?"

"I don't want to eat pills to fucking sleep," Jimin shook his head, shielding his eyes from the light with his arm. "I have pills for every other thing, it makes me feel like a robot."

Dahyun reached out to push some of his hair away from his forehead. "I understand," her voice was soft, "but please try them once. If they work—"

"And then what? I just eat pills and function like some robot with batteries, is that it?" Jimin sighed, sitting upright and clutching his head again. "All I need is some time alone in my workshop, I'll be alright in no time."

"Jimin please, I don't think it's wise for you to go spend more energy tinkering with your tools right now," Dahyun seemed desperate to make him understand but Jimin didn't budge.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Go get some rest. Good night Dahyun."

"Jimin," she tried again, watching him as he stood up and stretched his arms over his head. "Listen to me, please."

"Nighty night," Jimin winked at her indifferently, not really listening to what she had to say.

Dahyun watched him until his back disappeared down the stairs leading to the workshop. She wanted to follow him and stop him but she knew once Jimin had made his decision, he wouldn't budge, even if the world was ending. She sighed, collecting all the takeaway menus she had strewn across the counter. Placing them back in the drawer, she took her handbag and turned to leave.

"Park," she called out one last time, loud enough so the man would hear her in his workshop. "If you don't feel good, leave your technology and go to bed, I beg you."

"Out of all people I didn't think there would come a day when you would beg me!"

Dahyun rolled her eyes at the childish answer, immediately getting annoyed. "Did you even listen to what I said? If you don't feel okay you go straight to bed, you get me?"

"Aye aye captain," she heard him yell and she felt relieved for a second, just a second before he continued. "I'll think about it."

"Think about it," she scoffed, "are you for real?"