Chapter 14 - A good husband

Callum's POV
~ x ~

"Sir what are we going to do about the news coverage" Adam asked. He was a member of the vampire council and a rather big pain in my ass.

I pursed my lips looking around at the council sitting at the table.

I hated them all...

"What would all of you like me to do" I sighed "That's what you like doing, don't you? Telling me what to do?"

"We have come to an opinion that we should kill off any vampire that we do not see as elite" Adam spoke, he usually was the one to speak on all of their behalf.

I hissed. "That is so fucking stupid" I felt myself radiating off anger. "If anything we should go back to the ways of institutes not killing off our own kind because they haven't mastered having their control back yet"

"Maybe because your witch of a wife didn't lift the spell properly" one of them muttered.

Kit...

I was the biggest asshole in the world. I had pushed her aside, said and done some awful things.. and at this point I doubt Kit would even look at me. she had done everything I could have asked and I gave her nothing. My sisters weren't even talking to me because of it, maybe they thought I was turning into Dad like Kit had said...

I glared at the vampire "Kit lifted the spell just fine, most people are doing perfectly well with their self-control" I slammed a hand on the table "If you bad mouth her again I'll kill you"

Adam scoffed "We've heard you've done all the bad-mouthing...to her face"

I ran over to him and twisted his neck as he collapsed. he wasn't dead...yet. I wanted to finish him.

"Now let me make myself very, very clear right now. I am King, I have royal blood running through me and what I say goes. I had lived an enjoyable lifestyle running the institutes while you all played the role of little bitches to my Father, who was a lying asshole of a King. Now because of his failure I felt the need to step up, to regain vampires trust and be a good ruler, listening to all of you... which was my biggest mistake. You may have liked how my Father ruled but nobody else did from now on I'm doing things how I want. You will not be alienating me from my wife anymore"

I pursed my lips looking at all of there shocked faces "Speaking of Kit, you owe that girl everything she died for our races self-control and you tried to have her killed?" I shook my head "Guards!" I called out, nearly instantly 20 guards piled into the room 2 for each council member "You are all sentenced to incarceration for attempted murder of Kit, your queen" I spat emphasising the word queen.

There was uproar in the room as the council argued against me "You can't do this, you need us"

I laughed "No I need to be a good king" I paused "and a good husband" I sighed which was when I felt it.

A soaring paint going through my body radiating from my heart. I placed a handle on the table to steady myself.

Something was wrong with Kit...

I instantly tried to ring her but she didn't answer. What was happening? was she dying? I started to run I didn't know where to but my vampire speed would bring me closer to her.. I hoped.

That was when the pain subsided and I couldn't feel her as I normally would. Through our bond I could usually feel her, a drumming at the back of my head from our bond was barely even a whisper.

That was when her words ran through my head 'So you don't care if I go to the Otherworld?'

Oh Kit, what have you done...