XX - Past life, this life...

Comenzar desde el principio

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the ..." But before he could think about it and ask about what Anurak meant, Songkarn was pressed so close, that he lost all logical ways of thinking. Anurak's teeth nibbled his ear and his fingers were massaging and caressing his back. Songkarn could only close his arms around Anurak's waist to hold himself on his feet. All the sensations made it hard for him to catch his breath quick enough. A moment later Anurak moved away from him, took a hold of his hand and led him back inside.

*

When Songkarn woke up in the morning and discovered himself alone in the hotel. He really wanted to scream. Understanding quickly that it had been another dream with all the people he loved. It had felt so miserable and sad that Songkarn felt his eyes moistening.

No, he couldn't let the dreams take over, not when he had just got Anurak back. Though he wasn't here yet and that might be the reason the dreams were resurfacing. Playing on his deepest fears. Everything they had talked in London. It seemed to be true and very much to be taken seriously. Songkarn couldn't let his lack of confidence ruin his own future. In the last few months, the dreams felt as real as the pillow under his cheek. They tortured him almost every night. There had been no Anurak to relax his mind, no hope for a different future with him.

Songkarn felt completely lost and the dreams took most of the strength he was supposed to pour into his work. Thankfully he had made it this far and now as he will soon be surrounded with Anurak's love for him. Though the transition from one state of mind to the other didn't appear to be as simple. Anurak had told him something about it taking time to move the management of the company to Bangkok. Also, he will have to travel between England and Thailand quite often. Songkarn wasn't interested in stopping Anurak if it meant they would be together in the real sense. Though he knew, there will have to be some patience involved in his part. In which he wasn't the best, but he would try anything if it helped them have a life together.

As Songkarn was concluding another day without Anurak a message came in. The blinking of his phone made him happy. No one else would call at this time of night. Songkarn grabbed the phone and called back as soon as he saw the message. Anurak was asking if he was still up.

"Of course, I'm still up. I've been waiting for you to call. For days, if you'd like to know."

Anurak chuckled darkly. "Well, it hasn't been easy for me either. But as we decided to be together, I wanted to finish all the necessary documents and manage all the important stuff as quickly as I could."

"Is it all done then? Are you coming back?"

"Almost, Songkarn. You just have to wait for a short while. I will be there, soon."

Songkarn couldn't say anything at once. He wanted to pout or throw a temper tantrum, anything that would show how frustrated he was. Songkarn only sighed and said the thing that he wanted to listen to and let Anurak know as often as he could.

"I just miss you and... I love you."

Anurak's sigh on the other side was almost heartbreaking.

"I love you too Songkarn. Don't miss me too much. You'll see me soon. I promise."

*

Songkarn couple of seconds to understand that somebody was behind him. A hand was draped around his waist and a warm breath was on his neck. Songkarn's heart felt like it would explode with absolute happiness and joy. He gently turned himself in Anurak's embrace who slept so deeply that he didn't even stir at the movement of Songkarn's body. When had he arrived? Songkarn was confused. Did he dupe him last night? Was this a joke? A surprise? Whatever it was, the annoyance in him didn't last for long. Songkarn was so ecstatic.