The Wedding

After her hair and makeup was all set and finished, Renata requested a moment to herself where she could be able to just sit and breathe

After her hair and makeup was all set and finished, Renata requested a moment to herself where she could be able to just sit and breathe. It had been one hell of a morning from the moment she opened her eyes. She was thankful for all the help, especially between Molly and Sirius getting her ready for the big moment. But it was nice to sit down by the window and simply close her eyes and remember, that the day didn't revolve around the dress, it didn't revolve around the food or anything of the sort.

It was all about her and James coming together as one.

It would be the final step to becoming part of the Potter family, although she could take a moment to chuckle to herself, realising she had been part of the Potter family ever since Harry had laid his eyes on her. Harry, while still only a child, knew from the very beginning what he wanted and everyone could say that Renata and James found each other through fate or fell in love with each other on their own, but they both knew that Harry definitely played his role.

She had already officially become his adopted mother and it was such an honour to be part of Harry's life and she couldn't wait to see where the years took all of them.

As for James, Renata remembered the times where her mother had spoken about the people that she was supposed to marry to impress her family, and she remembered that James had not made a good first impression. And for that, she was thankful, it meant that she had met someone authentic and not just one of the many brainwashed locals that her parents were going to force her to spend the rest of her life with.

When she first met James, Renata knew things were rocky, the way that James barely had control over his emotions, some days leaving her exhausted more than others. But in recent times, when she could wake up and feel how happy he was to see her, it left her practically weak in the knees.

He had a good heart, he was handsome, funny, and the best part was, she already knew he was a good father. She had witnessed it many times for herself.

There was no need for her to be nervous on her wedding day, in the sense that she knew who she was marrying and she was more than happy to do so. The only thing that caused her heart to flutter was the idea of making it down the aisle in the heels that Sirius had picked out for her.

Returning to the Potter home, the cottage was empty as everyone was gathered outside with the exception of Molly, who had been her escort home. Renata could hear the faint playing of music and didn't dare fight to hold back the massive grin that was forming on her face. Molly asked her if she needed anything before she headed down to help poor Arthur wrangle in their family before the ceremony started and Renata only thanked her for everything she did before allowing her to leave.

It was only a few minutes later that there was a knock on the bedroom door and Renata called them in.

Adelmo stuck his head in and at the sight of his little sister, seemed to wear a similar grin on his face. "Ah, Renata, you look beautiful," he said, " no surprise there, but..."