7 | The Hero of the Team

THE HERO OF THE TEAM

AUTHOR's POV

✘✘✘

SITTING ON the large bench of the college's gym, Brendan found himself alone thinking repeatedly about the new face he had just met earlier that same day. Who was that girl? How could he possibly not have met her before?

"Hey, that's my locker." A girl yelled behind Brendan, catching his attention. Josh's body became rigid as he recognized the face he had not seen for three years, whereas Brendan was about to lose his mind from the stress.

"I said, that's my freaking locker, so move out."

Is this fucking girl for real? He exhaled, trying to calm himself again, knowing it would be worse for him if he lost his patience.

"And who the fuck are you?" He cursed back, turning his head in her direction.

"Maddox-" Josh interrupted in exasperation, watching the two figures in front of him making eye contact. "She's Maddox."

"Funny you remember me, Josh." She said, a twisted smile covering her features. "You're being beaten up? Something has finally changed for the better around here, uh?"

A laugh escaped her throat while she admired the boy who was close to her, founding interesting that someone had the guts to intimidate Josh, something that did not happen before. But her curious glance revealed what would be an issue she would have to deal sooner or later – this Brendan guy, who was him?

"I don't know you." Commented Brendan, confused but well-composed, confirming her thoughts.

"Why don't you ask around? I'm pretty popular, just a heads up." Evren talked, watching Josh move out of her locker. "Right Josh?"

"I... I have classes to attend." He responded, quickly escaping her. She opened her locker and put her backpack inside.

"Maddox, or whatever your name is. I don't think you know who you're talking to." Brendan interrupted, judging Josh for being a wimp because of a girl.

Evren rolled her eyes, closing the locker. Of course, she forgot he belongs to the Circle; he had to be another pampered guy just like the others.

"Yeah, I know, you're Rhys almighty or whatever, I don't give a crap. Anyway, you're kind of wasting my time, so... sayonara."

The ball on his hands kept touching the floor every two seconds, he was nervous about the fuzzy feeling that was etching, growing in his belly while his eyes remained frozen to the ground.

He couldn't stop thinking about her, those caramel brown rebellious hair locks floating on air and her presumptuous straight posture evidencing what her disobedient eyes already had shown him – she was something else, he could tell.