the new boy

ah shit..here we go again

Millies pov:

My eyelids opened as i saw light start shining through the window.

I stretched in bed and sat up.

I took my phone from the nightstand and off its charger, to check what time it was.

8:37 am

I stood up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom, to take a shower.

After I finished my shower, I made my way back to my bedroom with a towel wrapped around me.

I slipped on some ripped Jean's with a black top and some converse.

After I finished getting ready, I walked downstairs to greet my family.

"Hey mum" I said as I walked in the kitchen

"Morning mills, how many pancakes do you want?" She asked.

"Uhhh I'm not really hungry, I'll get some coffee on the way to school" I replied back.

Truth was, i really wasnt. And i had already made plans the previous day to meet sadie by Starbucks in the morning.

"You sure hun?" She asked sweetly.

I nodded.

"Of course mum" I said back.

Then I looked around, realizing my dad wasnt here eating breakfast like every other day.

"Wheres dad?" I asked my mum.

"He went to work early, he has an important meeting" my mum responded back.

My dad was an R&D manager, basically the, R&D management is the discipline of designing and leading R&D processes, managing R&D organizations, and ensuring smooth transfer of new know-how and technology to other groups or departments involved in innovation. 

My father is a very smart man, and my mother is a stay at home mom, before she use to be a lawyer but it use to take alot of her time away from me, so she resigned.

I drifted away from my thoughts and replied back "oh" and nodded.

"Well I should get going, love you mum" I said then walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"Okay, love you too mills" she said after releasing from the hug.

I walked outside to my car and went inside and drove over to Sadie's house, which wasnt very far just 3 blocks.

"Heyyyy" she greeted, smiling while walking towards my car and getting in the passenger side.

"Heyyy" I said back, smiling as well.

She put on her seatbelt and I began to drive to Starbucks.

"Sooo did you study for the test?" Sadie asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes, you know I did" I said back.

"Really? Well good cus..i need to copy off you" she said back, trying to sound innocent.

"Oh God sadie are you serious? This is the 6th time, I'm not trying to get caught, do you know how bad that would look on me, I really wanna know what your excuse is this time" I said back.

I was known to be the good girl, goody toe shoes, teachers pet, etc.

And I dont care, at least I'm not a pregnant 16 year old vaping and not caring about school.

"I had a date with that cute boy caleb, remember him?"

"Yes I do, and doesnt his friend Noah like you?"