Chapter 3-The Meadow

                                                                                 Rougue

The Meadow is a place I found when I moved to this town,after being expelled from my old school and getting rich new foster parents.The only reason they wanted me was because they wanted something 'good' to show on their Christian records,how they tamed the untamable girl.Anyway, The Meadow is basically a huge field right behind this old building which used to be a shopping mall.I found it when I accidentally fell into this invisible hole in the floor of the building.Kidding,I'm not another Alice.Though I have to say,I did find a Wonderland.The Meadow is gorgeous place,and after the rain it's most beautiful,if that's even possible.It's amazing.Green grass,trees here and there.After rain,there are enchanting rainbows running all about the sky.The field itself stretches out until the next building,a theatre,pops up.But hardly anyone knows about it.

Today,The Meadow had a frail old lady walking her dog around it.The dog is such a cutie!I wish I could describe it but I'm not good with dogs,this is maybe the third time I've ever seen one.All the previous towns I've been in weren't so keen on them.The lady looked very beautiful,with bright reddish orange hair with only a couple of grey hairs in it.Her body,though hunched,was curvy and she had snow white skin.All the boys must have been chasing after her,back then.I snapped out of my daze in case she saw how creepily close I was observing her.Even just being here and randomly looking at an old lady helped me regain myself.I lay back on the grass,resting my head on the green pillow.

I was soon dozing off,when I was abruptly awakened from my sleep.I stared rudely at the person who woke me-How rude!I gasped as I saw it was Pink Bangs.He smiled at me but I frowned at him,however this time I tried the polite approach,

"Please,do not touch me.I have a rare skin disease that it transmitted through touch." I told him,lying easily as I had numerous times before.He frowned slightly and I saw something flash in his eyes-Understanding?But it was gone and soon I was drowning in his dark,brown eyes.

"Alright," He agreed.I exhaled in relief.But how did he find me?I glanced at the sky,the sun was already setting,school must have long ago finished.

"I didn't know where you were,I just came here to see you sleeping like an angel," he answered my silent question.I blushed at the angel part.He laughed and I laughed with him.

Just then,I heard a cold voice interuppt.

"Jarred,done yet?We have more important things to do." I turned to see who had spoken.A beautiful girl,my age,was looking at us impatiently.Her hair was a stunning reddish orange,so bright it was blinding.Her features,though slightly different,reminded me of someone.In fact,two people.Strange...

My train of thoughts were interuppted by Jarred,who took my gloved hand gently.I hesitated,then we got up and he released my hand.He nodded at Stunning Hair,wow I realise I have a thing about naming people appropriately,and she spoke,looking at me directly in the eyes,which was kind of intimidating,

"Hello Anna Marie.I see you've met Jarred,the annoying ape.I am Danny." 

All of a sudden,it clicked.She looked exactly like Doris!Or Dimpy.Or whatever.But that's impossible!!

"Um hi," I replied softly,"Listen,you look like this annoying girl at my school.Is she your sister or something?If she is,could you please tell her to back off me?I think her name was Dumpy or Duffy or something."

At this,Danny smiled a thin smile.

"My name is Danny.Not Dumpy or Duffy.I am Danny.

I gasped at her,and shrank back in fear.

"No.Shit." And I fainted into Jarred's strong arms