Abduction

They moved off through the night in the luxury car. There was no conversation. She had no idea where they were in relation to her house, so she couldn't tell where they were going. When they pulled into a gated parking lot that led under an apartment building, he put in a key card that opened the gate. Going into the dark parking area, he found a parking place that was marked Reserved.

He got out to come around, opened her door and waited for her to get out. She sat with her arms folded over the seat belt that was still buckled. He leaned back and looked at her. "There was a woman in Rome who recently told me that my life had become dull lately. I think I owe that woman a very nasty gift. I will have to think about it for a long time. Now get out of the car."

She sat stubbornly. "Where are we?"

He let out a large sigh. "We are at a place that has furniture."

She still sat, her arms grasped tightly over her chest, and looked at the cement wall in front of the car. "I don't need furniture. I need to go to my own home and to get out of this dress so I can work on my projects, which, by the way, I am getting behind, because I need the money. So get back in the car and take me home."

He looked down at her for a long moment. He shook his head. "What am I to do with you?" Very quickly he stooped down, pulled the belt loose and she was out of the car. He suddenly hefted her up, thrown over one shoulder. She let out a yelp and started to kick but he simply wrapped his arms around her knees, pulling them against his chest until they were in an elevator. She finally quit fighting.

"Put me down." She spit out the words.

*****

He could feel the anger in her. He had to smile. He always respected a spirited person as opposed to a coward. This one would never be a coward. Unfortunately, she could also get herself into a situation that would harm her.

The elevator was a private one and opened directly into the suite that was leased in a corporate name. He had let them know that he wanted to use it, was told it was their honor to have an enforcer of his rank staying there and if there was anything he required it would be supplied immediately. He turned to sit her down and caught a glimpse of the lace panties as she twisted over his shoulder.

He sat her on her feet and walked away to the dark windows. He pushed them open to walk out on the balcony. He was so tempted to go against the Council's order and sample her. It wouldn't be the first time he had broken a rule, and he had always been willing to pay the price. The Council had still found a way to accept him back. This woman was indeed very special. To make it more interesting he was drawn to her fighting spirit. Of course, he didn't want anything permanent. It had been a long time since he had committed to a single individual. He had a sense that this female would not like a temporary fling.

On top of the problem of her attraction, there was Bathromo. He had to make a report to Rome immediately, and he knew it would be bad. They would recall Bath to answer to the Council. From the reports he had been told, Bath had been close to going rogue and taking a large portion of troops with him. There were hopes that this rumor was wrong. But from the insolence that Rad had picked up tonight, the rumors were correct. If Bath couldn't get onto the Council, then he was going to set up his own little Council. Rad would make his report immediately and see how fast the Council reacted.

He heard the female moving around behind him in the rooms. He didn't need to see her to know where she was, but one thing he knew that the Council didn't know. She had talents. She sensed him, he was aware she knew when he was close and she had sensed Bath and his thugs. Mortals did not sense the night breeds.

She stood for a moment where he had left her, catching her breath and trying to think what she should do. She watched him warily as he moved outside. She looked around and went back to the elevator, but of course it would not respond for her. Shit. She walked back into the room. As she stepped from the marble of the entry to the deep carpet she removed her heels.