twenty eight! ⋆ I CAN'T STAY

( songs for the chapter )⋆ every breath you take // the police⋆ forever young // alphaville

⋆ every breath you take // the police
⋆ forever young // alphaville

( songs for the chapter )⋆ every breath you take // the police⋆ forever young // alphaville

THE FABRIC OF KATE'S DRESS was almost hilariously itchy. The sheer fabric around her arms scratched at her skin every time she moved. But despite the slight inconvenience, the dress was one of the prettiest things Kate had ever seen. It was the most
beautiful shade of lavender, with small silver stars placed along the fabric. The skirt cut off mid-thigh though, so Kate wasn't quite sure how that'd work out in the middle of winter.

She finished curling her hair and admired herself one more time in the mirror. After grabbing her makeup bag, she left the bathroom. As she shut the door behind her, she was met with a bright flash. Her hand shot up to cover her eyes on instinct.

"C'mon, Kate," her father groaned. "I think you blinked."

Jim held a bulky camera in his hands, one that he'd owned for years. It stayed up in his closet because he never knew how to use it. But it seemed that he was finally making use of the overly expensive device.

Kate rolled her eyes. "Of course, I blinked. Maybe warn somebody next time."

The older man breathed out a laugh as he looked at his daughter. He sighed, "You look so beautiful, Katie. Steve's gonna die when he sees you.

Her brows furrowed at his latter statement. She hadn't told him about her relationship – or lack thereof – with Steve. She hadn't told anyone, really.

"El told me what happened that night. I think Mike told her or something," he explained, describing the evening in the tunnel. "I'm not mad, but I will kick his ass if you need me to."

"Good to know," Kate nodded through a laugh. She walked into El's room, finding her twirling in front of the mirror. The young girl wore a grey dress, decorated with pink polkadots and a matching belt. The two picked it out together weeks prior.

The brunette turned to her older sister. "Pretty?"

Kate giggled under her breath. "You look beautiful, El."