Chapter 2

Petra got back in her car. She drove directly home as fast as she could, oblivious to the speed limit. She pulled into her parking space in front of her apartment complex, got out of the car and walked up her porch steps. Images of Levi, laying on the ground, bloody and dirty, flashed through her mind. She walked down a flight of stairs, unlocked the door to her apartment and walked to the living room. She fell onto the couch and screamed as loud as she could.

"This isnt fair! It isnt fair!" She cried out. She began to slowly cry some more.

"Petra?" Hanji appeared out of no where. Hanji sat down on the couch and began to comfort the broken Petra.

"Hanji!" Petra threw her arms around Hanji and began to cry some more.

"Petra what happened? Your dress is muddy and, what is that? Blood?! Oh my god! Petra what happened?"

"Levi's dead..." Petra whispered softly. Her voice caught in her throat.

"What? That's impossible. He's the strongest person I know. Sure I called him names but that was our thing." Hanji couldn't help but feel guilty herself.

"It's not fair Hanji. It's all my fault. It's all my fault." Petra's voice quieted down as she buried her face in her hands.

"No, no Petra. It's not your fault at all. Hanji pulled her into another hug and rubbed her back. "It's not your fault."

"Yes it is!" Petra cried out as she pulled away, out of Hanji's arms. "It's all my fault! If I haven't have called him he would still be alive! I'll never be able to forgive myself. I'm the only one to blame!" Hanji was crushed as she heard these words come from her best friend.

"Petra..." Hanji whispered softly.

"No! He's dead and it's all beause of me!" She cried out. Hanji felt she could do nothing but comfort her broken friend. She pulled her into another hug and laid her head on Petra's shoulder, feeling guilty herself. As if she was nothing but mean to Levi. She recalled each memory where she called him short, shorty, midget, and all the times she had the chance to compliment him but didn't. She was so lost in her own thoughts and memories, she hadn't notice how Petra pulled away from the hug and was calling her name.

"Hanji! Hanji!" Petra shook her shoulders.

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. I-I'm fine." Hanji said in a low tone, unblinking.

"You sure?"

"Yes, Petra."

"We better tell Eren and everybody else."

"Yeah, I guess so." Hanji gave a small nod.

Petra pulled out her phone and composed a message to Mikasa, Armin, Eren, and Hanji already knew.

Dear Friends,

Please come to my house. Very urgent news. See you soon!

~Petra

Petra looked at the time on her phone.

10:52

Petra looked disappointed. "It's late. I bet everyone is already asleep." She sat back down on the couch next to Hanji and put her head in her hands. Her elbows resting gently on her thighs.

*Knock Knock*

Petra and Hanji looked up. They were both surprised anyone was knocking on her door this late. Before Petra could even get up to answer, the door opened. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin came rushing in.

"Petra, what happened?" Eren blurted out.

"Is everything alright?" Armin quickly followed.

All 3 of them could tell by the look on Hanji and Petra's faces that something devastating had happened.

Petra closed her eyes and looked down as she took in a deep breath and whispered softly, "Levi's dead."

No one could say anything. Silence filled the room. No one could believe the news that was just delivered.