3: Sleeping soldier

When Trevor and Sypha return the other two are seemingly gone "I think they left town" "They wouldn't do that would they?" Sypha asks "I mean..." "She probably left because of me, no surprise".

Lisa and Ruby, not being able to secure a cart have to continue on foot "It doesn't feel right that we left" Lisa mumbles looking back at the city "I'm pretty sure they'll be fine, as long as my brother stays sober" Ruby explains adjusting her coat "Why are you looking for the castle, surely you're not gonna kill my husband" Lisa says earning a sad smile "Cause my mother ruined my life" Ruby says adjusting her fur cloak "Your mother if a vampire right?" Lisa asks "You seem deprived of motherly love Ruby, why do you want her dead so much?" "My mother... only cares for power and wants to rule everything. Sure it was an accident that my father got drunk after a really tough battle, but she didn't have to leave me alone in the woods, Trevor's actually the one who found me" "She sounds horrible" Lisa comments putting an arm around the girl "Well I know a vampire who's gonna help you before we continue" "Help me?" Lisa asks confused.

They make camp a while later "You have weird friends" Lisa says while making dinner "Ruby?" she asks, but what she sees doesn't really make it any better, blood is seeping through the white shirt and it's dark, meaning that the night hordes could easily find them "Stay awake" she says "You can blame Trevor" Ruby says "How much further until we find shelter?" Lisa asks "It's no point" Ruby says pushing herself up "You know where to go right?" "Yes, but-", Ruby's gone and so are the growling creatures.

Dracula is in a meeting when the creatures return and they drop their captive in front of the stairs "Interesting" Godbrand says "If you must know I let them capture me to save my traveling companion" Ruby says, when she doesn't get up or move Dracula down "You're a vampire, why aren't you healing?" "Ran into a Belmont after I killed the Bishop in Gresit" "I can't believe you survived that" Hector says and the door is tossed open "Is that who the creatures were carrying?" Carmilla asks, making Ruby's eyes narrow and she clenches her fist "A dhampir, I'm actually surprised she's not dead yet", Ruby reaches up and grabs Dracula's arm so she can pull herself up, much to everyone's surprise he lets her "Are you a dhampir?" Godbrand asks earning a nod "Tell me Carmilla, how can you tell?" Dracula asks making the vampire pale "Because-" "She's my mother, left me for dead in a forest" Ruby says "Your father should've killed you" Carmilla says "But of course Lord Dracula won't, his son is a half-breed too, his dead wife-", she has to dodge a whip aimed at her head and therefor can't finish talking "Easy" Godbrand says, but even he knows not to step between them "You're here to take advantage of Dracula and his council" Ruby says as she disappears from her spot "I should've gotten rid of you" Carmilla says, but this time the whip his her and Ruby tosses her away from the door "Is that true Carmilla?" Dracula asks "Of course it's true, you have no strategy" Carmilla says. Ruby makes use of the distraction and tosses her dagger "You should've kept me close" she says, watching at her good for nothing mother falls dead "Finally got rid of her" she says, but she stumbles and before she can react someone caught her, but she can't see who.

"Lisa" Ruby says smelling the blood from a distance "That bastard worked for Carmilla" Lisa says "He's dead and you're fully healed" "But... Carmilla's dead, one worry less" Ruby says as she stretches "Now, let's go to the Belmont estate, it'll be a long way on foot" "I honestly thought they would kill you" Lisa says, she honestly didn't feel like walking all the way "We can catch a ride" Ruby says pulling Lisa towards the road "That took an entire day?", it was dark again and she could see something that looks like a fire, so she carefully sneaks over, of course she barely has time to dodge a sword "Hold it, that's Ruby" Sypha says "You reek of my father's castle" the vampire says "Okay this clearly isn't working, Lisa, care to lend a hand?" Ruby asks, when Lisa walks close enough to the fire the sword falls on the ground "H-how? You were burned at the stake in Targoviste" "Ruby saved me" Lisa says "Also... The reason Ruby reeks of the castle is because she got herself kidnapped, to save me, and she killed her mother", since Trevor doesn't seem to kill the two on the spot they sit down "You seem to have better manners then Trevor" Alucard comments "Of course I do, I didn't become a drunk. I have a cabin near Targoviste" Ruby says, sounding slightly offended" "You do drink though" Lisa says earning a scowl "Of course I do, but I don't get drunk" Ruby counters "Get some sleep all of you. I'll take watch" she adds jumping in a tree.

When the sun comes up Ruby's asleep on her spot "Did she wake anyone up?" Sypha asks looking at the others "Not that I know" Alucard says "She probably didn't" "Why would she go after Dracula though?" Sypha asks "Because she is a Belmont" Trevor says "And she's always been more observant, probably stayed close to Targoviste for some reason" "The church, I was keeping an eye on them" Ruby says jumping down "So how come you were fully healed when you returned?" Lisa asks "Dracula's not as heartless as he seems, especially towards dhampir's, I wonder why" Ruby says, her eyes landing on Alucard "I also don't feel like calling you Alucard" "His name's Adrian" Lisa says making Alucard sigh "Well I'm glad you're alive, but couldn't you have said something?" "I could have, but it was her plan to keep her mouth shut" Ruby says dusting off her clothes. Trevor and Sypha sit in the front of the cart, Lisa sitting behind them, asking all about Ruby, leaving the two 'half-breeds' somewhere near the back "The most embarrassing moment?" Trevor asks "Probably when she fell into the river when it was raining" "That was scary as hell Trevor" Ruby says, but her comment is ignored "Mother seems quite fond of you" Alucard says "I saved her life" Ruby says, but she realizes what he means when Trevor glares their way, Sypha starts laughing and Lisa has a grin on her face "No way" Ruby says crossing her arms "There's a village close by" Trevor says "We'll stay there for a few days, stock up on food" "You mean the village that was recently taken over by clergymen?" Ruby asks "Let's go and do something about that shall we?" Alucard asks "You are not going with Ruby" Trevor says, but the two dhampir's look at the three blankly "Don't kill Lisa while we're gone" Ruby says before they head off, Sypha starts laughing harder while Trevor isn't amused at all "I guess that-" "Don't finish that sentence Lisa" Trevor says in a warning tone "Don't fucking finish that damn sentence".