Part 16

Painful

I woke up to the sound of beeping monitors.

My eyes fluttered open, revealing Shawn sitting next to me whilst I laid on a plain white bed.

"Shawn?"

"It's okay, babygirl." He said stroking my forehead.

"What happened?"

"Where you were attacked, he hit multiple blood vessels, making them stressed which caused you to pass out."

"My dad?"

"Yeah. The hospital phoned the police. They saw the damage. It's bad Parker. You will be okay though, I promise."

Thinking what had happened made me well up.

"Mila?"

"Mila is at home. I picked up Quinn and took him to Mila's for safety reasons. Your dad is in custody. I'm sorry Princess."

My life couldn't get any worse. My mom died at the start of the week, dad became an alcoholic and he hurt me and Mila, he is now in custody and Quinn is so innocent but vulnerable.

I could feel Shawn staring at me.

"Do you know, you are so beautiful baby. I'm so lucky to have you." He said rubbing my hand that was intertwined with his.

I forced a fake smile. I couldn't be happy. Not right now anyway. Although Shawn was with me, which I couldn't be more grateful for, my life was hitting rock bottom. It probably will hit the bottom soon. What could be worse?

After a few tests and hours that slipped by, they let me go home only on one condition that I would rest. It was safe to go home. Shawn said he wouldn't leave my sight and he said that he will make sure I rest for a couple of days.

Graduation was in a week and I don't know what I'm gonna do. I can't do it, not with the state I'm in now. It's too much. It's all a little too much.

————
"Parker please just sit down. I will make us tea. Mila said she will drop Quinn off." Shawn insisted, walking over to the kitchen as I sat on the couch.

"I would prefer if I collect him though, you know, to make sure he is perfectly fine." I whined.

"Although you prefer that, the hospital have said that you need to rest and I promised I would do everything for you."

"Fine but I want to do something tomorrow. I don't want to just sit around you know."

"Well actually, I was going to leave it as a surprise tomorrow morning but I will tell you now. I have been writing songs for ages now and I have one more left to write. I've been putting an album together. I wanted to leave it as a surprise but I guess you could come and help me tomorrow, if you'd like?

"Wow Shawn!" I said standing up and running to him. I slowed down though as I was weak. When I got to the kitchen, I wrapped my arms around his neck as gave him a peck on the lips. "I'm so proud of you and of course I will come with you tomorrow."

"Excellent."

————
I woke up to two strong arms wrapped around my small frame. Shawn stayed the night as he was looking after me. Quinn slept in his room. I told him that dad was out. I couldn't be fully truthful. I couldn't do that to him. Not whilst his 7. I will soon though but now, is not the time.

"Morning my Prince." I said as I ran my fingers through his brown curly hair.

"Morning my Princess." He said, leaning in to give me a kiss.