13.- Hidden agenda

Finally, here it is!! 

Brooke’s POV

A buzzing noise was heard not far away from me. Too comfortable to move I snuggled deeper into, what I assumed was, my pillow and tried to drown down the noise. The moment I felt myself being pulled closer into the pillow I froze. The sleeping daze I was in started the wear off at the same time I began to realized it wasn’t a pillow I was snuggling up against, but a human being. Well, something close to a human anyway.

My eyes shot open only to see the crook of my ‘pillow’s’ neck. Yep, definitely not a pillow. All the blood in my face shot right up to my cheeks as I realized in who’s arms I had slept. His scent was all I could smell.

Cautiously I untangled myself from the tight hold Aiden had on me. Even with his shirt on I could feel all the muscles of his upper body pressed up against me, which made me all the more anxious to distance myself from him. My movements caused him to snap his eyes open just as I had created some space between us. Upon seeing his face last night’s memories came flooding back to me. That didn’t help at all with how embarrassed I was already feeling. From the puzzled look on his face it was quite obvious that he too needed a moment for his memories to catch up with him.

Flustered I turned my face away from him as I said, “I think your phone is ringing.” My voice sounded thick with sleep, which made my blush a deeper red.

“Oh, let me get that,” Aidan’s husky voice sounded next to me as he leaned over me to grab the phone off the nightstand. A whole night lying next to him, or practically on top of him, and I still wasn’t used to having him this close to me. His warm upper body pressed up against mine as he reached for his phone awakened certain feelings deep down inside of me. I never expected to experience those feelings ever again.

Aiden moved back on the bed and I took the opportunity to move further away from him on the bed. This was wrong; what I was feeling was wrong. My heart was only reserved for one man, even if he wasn’t around anymore.

Aiden cleared his throat, looking just as uncomfortable as I was feeling. “It’s John,” he said before answering the phone.

As Aiden talked to a very angry sounding John I slipped out of bed. On the other side of the line I heard John mumble something about Aiden being unreachable since last night. That pretty much gave me the reality slap I needed. Elaine. I had to get to her. Nothing else mattered.

Ignoring his rant, I grabbed a bag and stuffed some outfits and toiletries in it for our trip to save us some time. I wanted nothing more than to get to my baby sister.

“John, calm down. Just get everything ready. We’ll meet you at the front of the house in thirty minutes,” Aiden reassured John while his eyes were on me, following my every movement.

His gaze made my uncomfortable so I quickly picked out an outfit to wear so I could escape into the bathroom.

“You’re a fast packer,” Aiden commented after he hung up, his voice no longer as husky.

“I don’t want to waste any more time than we have. The longer I stay here, the more worried I get about Elaine,” I found myself confessing. Not wanting to come across as a helpless little girl I put on a brave smile. “We need to get ready. Besides you’ve left John waiting long enough too.”

I didn’t give Aiden much time to respond when I turned away and headed for the bathroom. It was worse enough that I had broke down yesterday. The last thing I wanted was for him to see me break down again. I wasn’t fit to be a Luna and soon Aidan was going to figure that out, if he hadn’t already.