•5•

•••

•••

Cope
/kōp/
(verb)
(of a person) deal effectively with something difficult.

•••

"Where to next?" Lennie asked as they hopped into the car.

"Home," Alexis said.

"My house it is!" He started the car.

"No! My house!"

"Your parents would let me in your house? You just met me." He looked genuinely confused.

"No! You'll drop me off at my house and then you'll go to yours!"

Lennie groaned. "It's 3:27, you really want to go home?! That's lame."

"3:27?!" Alexis glanced at the time. "Shit! I wasn't expecting to do all this extra stuff! I got to go see my therapist at 4!" She brought her hand up to her forehead.

"Therapist? You got more problems with you?" he grinned.

Alexis glared at him sourly. "Wow." 

"Sorry," he blurted. "I'll take you to your appointment.... if you don't mind?"

"Thank you." Alexis sighed and gave him the address.

"So, what's this appointment for? Just being nosy," he asked, driving calmly down the road.

"That information's classified," she simply said.

"Classified, wow."

"Yeah."

The car ride grew silent. They didn't know what to say to each other. It was the norm to not know what to talk about, but the atmosphere grew awkward more and more by the second.

Lennie pulled into the lot and parked the car. They hopped out and walked into the clinic together, Alexis didn't fuss about it. They sat down in the waiting area with two other people. One was daydreaming, her gaze completely focused on the soft carpeted floor. The other was muttering to himself, jittering a little in the corner of the room.

"This place seems more like a ward than a therapy clinic. I'm scared, hug me!" He swung open his arms.

"No."

"Hold my hand?" Lennie suggested.

"No."

"Scoot closer?"