“Dude, I love legos! Have you seen the Death Star kit? I wish I had the money to buy it!”

Peter’s cheeks went slightly pink. “Bucky bought it, and we haven’t started building it yet. If you want, you can come over and…?”

“Dude, really?” Ned said excitedly. “That’d be great!”

“Cool!” said Peter, relieved. “I’m free whenever, really…”

“I’m free after school today, is that good?”

“Yeah, for sure!”

“Sweet!” Ned said. “Dude, I’m so excited!”

“It’s-” Peter was interrupted by the bell and a large stream of students that filtered into the classroom. Several did double-takes when they saw someone sitting next to Peter.

“Buenos días, clase. Tenemos un nuevo estudiante hoy. El se llama…” Señor Alcaldo paused to check his attendance sheet. “Ned. Diga hola, clase.”

“Hola,” everyone chorused dully.

“Bueno. Hoy, vamos a practicar los pronombres relativos. Completaron ustedes la tarea?”

----

At the end of the day, Peter met Ned on the concrete steps in front of the school. Ned had texted his parents for permission during lunch; they seemed shocked that Ned had made a friend. Ned had done a little victory dance that made Peter laugh hard enough to trip and nearly faceplant in the cafeteria, and Ned had wheezed with laughter in turn. The strain in Peter’s chest was a comfortable one; he could get used to it.

“Who’s this, Peter?” someone asked as they stepped onto the sidewalk, and Peter jumped about a mile before turning to find Natasha smiling innocently at him. Ned gaped.

“You… are you… You look like the Black Widow!”

“This is Ned,” Peter sighed. “Ned, Natasha.”

“You… you know the Black Widow?”

“It’s a long story.”

“Oh man! I thought this day couldn’t get any better!”

“Just you wait,” Peter said, slightly rueful. Natasha clicked her tongue at him.

“You didn’t warn him?”

“No… I mean, I was going to… On the way to the tower.”

“Tower? What tower? You mean… you mean the Avengers Tower?” Ned bounced on his feet. “Duuuude!!!”

Peter hid behind his hands.

“Sorry! Sorry,” Ned said. “I’m kind of freaking out. I’ll try not to be weird, I swear.”

“It’s fine,” said Peter. “They’re used to it.”

“I mean, I’d probably get annoyed if I was famous and people freaked out over me all the time… but dude! You live with the Avengers!!!”

Peter & Bucky Are Palsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें