chapter four | five months pregnant

— BABYLOVES —

today is the day of the gender reveal. it's been three months since i've last spoken to jack and he's tried reaching out through text, snapchat and friends but we've all blocked him out. the public still doesn't know about my pregnancy, but they're still speculating since i haven't posted a single thing in five months.

"so, you're still fake dating cameron?" stassie asked as she laid down the place cards at the dinner table.

"yeah, but i'm not sure why. i've blocked jack out of my life. we just never really said anything was done. it was my idea to start it, i should probably end it..." i trailed off, pouring the pink and blue clips into different mason jars. i still don't know the gender, but stassie does and the least i could do to help her was set up.

"well, he's cute. maybe you guys should date for real?"

i shook my head, "no. i can't get invested with someone new. especially when i've decided that the baby will have jack's last name."

"why would you do that though? jack isn't going to have anything to do with the baby... and, people will talk."

"stass, my whole life is surrounded by people talking. i can't have a baby with someone and not give the baby their last name. the baby will be a gilinsky weather i'd like to admit it or not. i'm gonna go get dressed, it's almost two."

i headed up to my room, looking out the window at the front of the house. there are white and pink roses formed in an arch at the front of my driveway, while there are mini roses formed into teddy bears on both sides of the pathway.

in the back, there are gold ballons in the pool spelling out 'baby number one', along with white tables with pink and blue tablecloth, gender reveal party gifts, food and treat tables and a table with party favors on it, which have my favorite makeup products, a sephora and ulta gift card along with a few of my other favorites.

i dressed in my favorite pink dress, a pair of nude heals and my makeup and hair is already done from my stylist coming over early this morning.

+

the party so far is going great, my parents are both here and we've eaten and done the photos for the party.

"okay, everyone! we're going to play an old wives tale game, so ashlyn, please come up here!" stass announced, myself making my way up to her and the whiteboard stood next to her.

"so on each side there are different symptoms that you would have if you are pregnant with a boy or girl. after this we'll do the reveal!" stass smiled, handing the marker to me.

"sweet cravings, no morning sickness. happy mood, sleeping on the left, girl on the chinese calendar, no headaches, less than 140, soft skin." i named off as i circled down the list. a majority of the answers pointed to girl, but i'll love this baby no matter the gender.

stass handed me one of the powder poppers, her keeping one for herself. as we stood back and pulled the string, pink powder flew out of the white cannons and i started tearing up, hugging my best friend. the videographer came up to us, getting our statements of how we felt.

"i am super happy, i had a feeling i was having a girl. this is all so exciting!" i smiled, rubbing the bump on my stomach.